• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Motorola Exorciser

woodchips

Experienced Member
Hi, stumbled across this forum searching for Nixie tubes, looks good.

Did a search for the Motorola Exorciser and didn't come up with much, but hopefully someone here knows about them.

The Exorciser is a development system, like the Intel MDS blue box, but with rather nicer software. I used one decades ago and was offered me at the end of the job, but I couldn't afford it. So, I built my own using a Speedwire prototyping board. It was used for several years, until I bought a PC clone, but has languished in the loft since then. But just bought a test system that uses an Exorciser to control it. Unfortunately this one is a 6809, mine is a 6800, and I have no 6809 software at all.

So, a begging request, does anyone have the 6809 version of MDOS, editors, assemblers etc etc? Being this forum is US based then might have more luck than in the UK.

Some interesting posts on the forum. Looks like an interesting community so keep up the good work.

Bob

Hi, yes, I downloaded all the image files but not clear exactly what they are. Need to transfer them from the Mac to my old 486 where hopefully Norton can look at them.

Isn't it odd how something you just did years ago gets forgotten and becomes a struggle.

Bob

Thanks, but is there some sort of description of what the IMG files are, and what the IMD program does?

I have come across the bitsavers site before, but doesn't seem to be much in the way of help and assistance with the program files.

Bob

Back