• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

MS-DOS 6.22 on 360k

lyonadmiral

Veteran Member
I'm sure there must have been, although rare, a version of DOS 6.22 available on 360k. Does anyone have this flavor or know where such images might hide?

Thanks,
Daniel

I migrated 6.22 onto 360k disks from another install. :)

I have an image of that 360k bootable 6.22 if that's what you're looking for.

There was a card in the retail box that you could send in and get 1.2M or 360K disks. I should have a set around here somewhere.

edit: I have the 6.0 upgrade and the 6.2 upgrade on 360K disks, but not the 6.22 step-up. Unless it's in a different box.

Last edited:
There was a card in the retail box that you could send in and get 1.2M or 360K disks. I should have a set around here somewhere.

edit: I have the 6.0 upgrade and the 6.2 upgrade on 360K disks, but not the 6.22 step-up. Unless it's in a different box.

How many floppies and is it possible to get images?

12 disks in each set. I'll see if there is anything on them to make an image of. I hope that ebay seller's garage has heat and AC, otherwise those disks aren't going to be worth much.

Man, I hated DoubleSpace. They should have called it LittleSpace, it was a lot of trouble for a little extra hard drive space. Almost as irritating as the tape drive companies that rated tapes at twice the actual capacity. Put 10.2 MB onto a 20 MB tape and presto! it's full. Anyway, the disk images are done, but they are not error-free. If they don't work, I have the 1.44MB versions, we can probably transplant files from them until we get a working set. PM me an email address and I'll send them out.

I believe "Enhanced Tools" is how they referred to OEM versions of DOS 6.x. These sometimes may have include extra tools specific to an OEMs hardware.

msdos360k.jpg

I migrated 6.22 onto 360k disks from another install. :)

Seconded. I've done this for decades. Do a clean install on some system, format a: /s to the media you need, copy fdisk.* and format.* a:, then boot the target and set up the drive. Then, use your favorite copying solution (network, floppies, laplink/fastlynx cable, etc.) to copy over C:\DOS.

@GottaLottaStuff

MS-DOS with Enhanced Tools is just OEM full version from Microsoft Genuine.
(No upgrade version.)

Back