• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

MTCP and SNTP

set TZ=CET+1CDT
Just guessing:) I am using this CET-1CDT I googled it up severals years ago, it means Central European Time -1 Hour with daylight saving. I do not remember exactly anymore.

Last edited:
Interesting thought. I need to set this up myself.

See page 23 of the documentation here as it's highly customisable. https://www.brutman.com/mTCP/download/mTCP_2022-07-01.pdf

I'm not sure yet what to set but as I need to figure it out for myself (Leiceseter, England). You'll want to set the daylight savings rules too. If you follow the same as England, it'll be 1am on the last Sunday in March and 2am on the last Sunday in October.

If I had to guess from reading it, it would be TZ=UTC0BST,M3.5.0/01:00:00,M10.5.0/02:00:00

You would use IST rather than BST I think.

Haven't worked it out yet. Used to work without all the parameters
It never could have worked in the past few years without setting the TZ environment variable correctly - it has no way of knowing your timezone or local daylight savings time rules.

It is possible that the compiler runtime accidentally had a good default for you but highly unlikely.

This seems to work for Dublin. You have to copy whole string. For my location only the first part is sufficient..

That list is awesome. I wasn't far wrong, in fact it shows my calculation was correct if a little over-done.

mbbrutman would you consider publishing it or something like it in your sntp docs please?

It never could have worked in the past few years without setting the TZ environment variable correctly - it has no way of knowing your timezone or local daylight savings time rules.

It is possible that the compiler runtime accidentally had a good default for you but highly unlikely.
I had set the TZ but it seemed to be shorter if I remember. I'm enjoying the IRCjr. Working well.

Back