• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

mTCP Mentioned on the Retro Computing Roundtable Podcast

I am going to confess, I have never listened to a podcast. I guess I am going to have to evolve a little faster. ;-0

It has been an interesting year for mTCP. I added an FTP server in January and HTGet last month. I open sourced the code under GPL3 in May so that anybody may download and experiment with the code. Getting in a form easy enough for others to work with was a bit of an effort, but well worth doing. I forgot the line count, but it is in the 20 to 30,000 range from what I remember. And the FreeDOS developers have picked it up for the upcoming FreeDOS 1.1 release. The feedback from the FreeDOS developers has been overwhelmingly positive - the general quote is "It just works".

At this point I am adding design notes to the documentation and answering questions. I have a few features I want to add too, but it is mostly stable. I would rather see other people extending it now.

If anybody wants to talk about fixes/changes they need, shout out ...

-Mike

PS: Idflyfish - nice first post. ;-0

Wow people listen to that podcast? I'm going to have to apply to be in David's celebrity entourage next time I seem him. Maybe I can be his Turtle :)

I broke down and listened ... I enjoy a little pat on the back once in a while.

What was even nicer to hear was the part where they recognized the Vintage Computer and Gaming Marketplace. They were pretty impressed with it being on topic and fairly good items, although not with the same selection as on the big name auction site. It was a very nice plug.

Mike

Back