• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Multi-factor verification on websites

Sending a one time code to your cell phone is a good idea since most people keep them close and they tend to be password protected (smart phones anyway).

People complain when accounts get hacked and then complain when companies try to tighten up security.

Pretty much the T-Mobile one, no?
Never heard of Tello until you mentioned them as they don't advertise in my area. I have 3 Consumer Cellular cell phones, which includes a Bluetooth setup for the house with 5 drops, and they run @ $69 per month.

Consumer Cellular is a Verizon owned repackager along with a bunch of other brand names also owned by Verizon offering roughly the same services at the same prices. Verizon's cheapest for unlimited service is Visible. It is rather amusing seeing the Consumer Cellular advertising taking shots at a premium offering sharing a coverage map since Visible has recently been expanded with Visible+ which offers a "premium network experience."

I have used Visible mostly for its unlimited 5mbps data plan and it was good enough to make calls over MS Teams (spit) from, with no one noticing the difference from Cable/DSL.

Sending a one time code to your cell phone is a good idea since most people keep them close and they tend to be password protected (smart phones anyway).

People complain when accounts get hacked and then complain when companies try to tighten up security.
It's definitely hard to please everyone. It's a doomed if you do, doomed if you don't type thing, so might as well make things more secure and reduce some ease of access. I try to use 2FA as much as I can, and when I can't, especially on an account that may have PII on it, I sometimes second guess whether to use that company or not.

Consumer Cellular is a Verizon owned repackager along with a bunch of other brand names also owned by Verizon offering roughly the same services at the same prices. Verizon's cheapest for unlimited service is Visible. It is rather amusing seeing the Consumer Cellular advertising taking shots at a premium offering sharing a coverage map since Visible has recently been expanded with Visible+ which offers a "premium network experience."
Not true they are independent.

SMS codes are annoying but I enable 2FA via an authenticator app every chance I get. Tapping "approve" is incredibly easy.

Back