• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Music Synthesizer and FreHD

washitaeagle

I have been looking around to find a cable that will work in line with my 4P's FreeHD and a Music Synthesizer (orch 90) that I found in a box. Before I start buying cables from amazon and eBay could someone steer me in the right direction. 69086436205__EDB5F93B-5513-4893-BD0F-F6838FF7043D.jpeg

Are you saying you want to attach the Orchestra 90 and your FreHD at the same time?

If so, you'll need to build a cable like this...
adapt3.jpg

I'm running the hi-res board, FreHD and Orch90 all at the same time and have room for more devices.

Let me know if this is what you're wanting to do and I'll get you the parts list and a link to where I ordered those little adapter boards (they did have to be cut down).

Are you saying you want to attach the Orchestra 90 and your FreHD at the same time?

If so, you'll need to build a cable like this...
adapt3.jpg

I'm running the hi-res board, FreHD and Orch90 all at the same time and have room for more devices.

Let me know if this is what you're wanting to do and I'll get you the parts list and a link to where I ordered those little adapter boards (they did have to be cut down).
YES YES YES! This is exactly what I need. Or partially. I know the card plug is what I need for the Orch 90, but the connection on the FreHD is a "IDE" style plug and not a card style plug. please send me your link for the female and male card plugs...not sure why I am not finding it via Google?

I currently have an original hi res board in my 4p as well and it doesn't require anything extra except for the temp bodge wire and the jumper removed.
I would love to have the orch 90 plugged in as well.

These are the 50 pin card edge connectors I bought off Amazon...

These are the Trans-Boards (which took me forever to find). You'll have to cut them down to 50 pin with a dremel. The edge is also squared off and can damage the spring fingers in the connectors above, so you'll want to file down/round off the edge about an 1/8". They're cheap, so buy a bunch in case you mess one up.

FreHD should have the cable connector that would attach to your new expansion cable. If you need to build one, this is probably what you need to attach to the FreHD board.

Cable you can buy on Amazon or eBay. If it's more than 50 conductor, just remove the extra.

Back