• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

my apple collection

for all the computers, printers, monitors, cameras, accessories... i have the original manual, and the service guides, manuals and technical information as pdf

i have all the apple systems, most of them originaly boxed
i have hundreds of original software apple II; III, IIgs, lisa, first mac, newton, pippin ...., boxed, and for eatch item a copy (to use), and a copy stored on HD and cd or dvd

usefull nubus cards are in the computer (video, dos, ..._)
some PDS (Processor Direct Slot) add-on (ethernet, upgrade)

Last edited:
I make images of my Mac floppies also, you never know if/when the originals will go bad, plus some old apps were never archived.

Applefreak: any chance you can do a listing of driver disks? I would love to have an archive of those (should be legal to do).

Just about every card you install in a mac tends to have a floppy disk with the driver that makes it work in Mac OS. Most of the drivers needed for video and SCSI cards are available online but those resources are drying up and some never made it to the web.

I am looking for the install/driver disks for a Micronet Nuport II Nubus SCSI card.

You mentioned DOS cards, some of those drivers are very hard to find (I have a pair of Orange Micro 386 Nubus cards and an orange Micro 486/133 Nubus card).

I also have an old Doubleup Nubus hardware card I could never find drivers for (it basically compressed the HD in realtime just like stacker software did using software).

Since you need the hardware to use the driver disks and they were all available free back when they were new I don't see an issue with spreading them around and archiving them.

Yes I know about those sites, thanks. But quite a bit of stuff is not there. Was hoping you have some of the disks that came with the older hardware.

i started up my (long forgotten) windows computer
system XP, home edition, 2002

i installed the last version of Quicktime 7.1.3
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/win.html
restarted the computer
all quicktime movies are played well,
the difference with my mac: they are not streaming
the movie start after the data is completely downloaded
perhaps streaming (fast start) is a setting ........

Applefreak: Ever run into anybody in the US with cheap quadra era VRAM? I need some 256K or 512K SIMMs for a couple 950's and ebay prices are insane. I figured you might have connections.

Also have you ever run into GWORLD RAM (used on some Supermac/Rasterops/etc Nubus video cards as some kind of offscreen buffer)?

Back