• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

My Arcade Cabinet

Congrats, dude!!

Now...details! :) home-built panel, or purchased? What joysticks and internals? Monitor or tv? Is that the pc parts that I traded to you? (which is kind've ironic because a few months back, I went and purchased similar-level/era parts to build a mame machine for a friend). Are you using a front-end, and which one? (I'm trying to use Hyperspin, but it's a bitch, IMO - but dang pretty)

Either way... looks nice, seems to function nicely... have fun with it!

Yes, it's the computer I got from Maverick. I think it's a Core2Duo with 2GB of RAM. I've stuffed it into a 3u rack case that slides into the back of the machine. I built the control panel using two XIN-MO dual USB controllers, IL translucent buttons from Paradise Arcade Shop, and leaf-switch joysticks from Groovy Game Gear. I'm trying to use Hyperspin for the front-end, but it's going to take a lot of adjustments to get it to work right. I may just wait for HS 2.0 to see if there are any improvements.

The buttons have 9v incandescent bulbs inserted into old Christmas light sockets. I thought they were 12v until I looked in my eBay history just now, so I have them connected to the 12v rail. They get very hot and burn out quickly. Perhaps I'll try moving them to the 5v rail.

The monitor is a 28" Sony (Trinitron, I think). I bought it from a guy who bought a whole storage unit of them, and the owners before him used them for conventions in the Orlando area.

Back