• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

My C64 still alive

Starshadow

Experienced Member
I was digging out my Commodore Monitor to be used on a few game systems for my little cousin and i figured i'd try out the whole system. I set her up in my shop, plugged her it and the Blue Screen of Life! afer a few tries i got Strike Fleet to load( disc just aren't as durable as the systems). Its been about 3 years since i've messed with this system and after a good cleaning it both looks and runs as good as when i found it( Paid $50 for it in near mint, complete condition). I also realised i have a lot less software than i used to for it.

Anyway heres a pic taken about 4 hours ago.

Attachments

• c64.JPG
    c64.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 1
the ultrasharp 1702 is definatly the best monitor you can use for video games in the below 20 inch catagory. Just finished playing a little Final Fantasy III / VI on my SNES. The video and the sound on these monitors is great. No 13 inch tv can do video and sound this good.

Ahh, the memories... You should consider archiving your games onto CD using a 1541 cable and a PC if you are having trouble getting them to load. You might also be having trouble if the drive you are using to load the games isn't the one that they were written with. Sometimes the 1541s get out of alignment and the disks can only be written and read by the original drive. There are drive alignment programs, but unless you have a backup copy the disk won't be readable with a properly aligned drives.

I just bought a 1702 on ebay the other day. Its nicer than i remembered.

Back