• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

My first computer lives!

Alabamarebel1861

Experienced Member
So while digging through some old components I managed to stumble upon my first computer tower. It's an HP Pavilion 6330 originally sporting a 300Mhz AMD K6-2 with 48mb of RAM and a 4Mb onboard video card. Sadly pretty much every original component to it died years ago due to my own technological ignorance at the time. Luckily the day before I found the tower I found a PERFECT replacment board to go in it. The board is a HP OEM board rocking a 333Mhz Pentium II and at the moment 32Mb of RAM and rocking a 4Mb video card. So today I finally did what I've been meaning to do for at least 3 years. I put everything together and as of today my first computer lives again after I don't know how many years.

MVC-779F.jpg

I appreciate that you took this photo with a Sony Mavica :D my uncle had a system similar to that at one point. My first non-branded build system sported an AMD K6-2 450Mhz with "3D NOW!" technology lol, that was in 99 and man those were the days! I actually don't miss Windows 98 anymore outside of the occasional need for some old software that will only run on it, which I now have a decent little Sony VAIO for.

Back