• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

My newest addition :)

Computer Collector

Experienced Member
Just a couple of days ago I happened to obtain a Color Computer 3, and I must say, its a splendid computer. The graphics are much better than the COCO and COCO 2 graphics. With this buy I also got 2 books and 2 Ram Pak cartiridges. The books are,
Introducing your Color Computer 3, and the other is, Color Computer 3 extended basic. Im presnetly going through the book page by page, and following the instructions. Perhaps in a few weeks Ill be a COCO BASIC pro! THe back of the COCO unit has audio and video jacks. What are these for? The manual didnt mention them. Is this for recording BASIC audio and vIdeo to a VCR?

nice computer!

i found this at old computers.com:

I/O PORTS Tape, Composite Video, analog RGB connector for use with Tandy CM-8 monitor, 2 joystick ports, cartridge slot, RS232

chris

As pointed out already, the ports are for audio output to an external speaker, and video output to a composite color monitor, which will have even better graphics (and text) resolution than the TV that I assume you're using now. For the best video of all, the 10-pin connector on the bottom is for jacking-in an analog RGB monitor, such as the Tandy CM-8, but these are very hard to come by today. I did once install an extra jack for a standard CGA monitor in one, and it worked...sorta. It showed video just fine, except that all the colors were all wrong, which wasn't too annoying in most games. Still, you couldn't beat it for text-only resolution.

--T

Back