• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

My Site: DOS Palmtops

kyodai

Experienced Member
Well well, "Site" is a bit of a stretch. Actually it used to be my personal "secret" list where i tried to gather information, photos and stories about DOS-based palmtop PCs that i own or want to have. It kinda developed from a simple list and some notes into kinda encyclopedia of DOS palmtops. You probably know the Atari portfolio or the HP 200LX, but if you look at my "list" you notice there were sure a few more models around back in the days.

As I said - it was originally "secret" and for my eyes only, but someone i gave the link posted it on some forum years ago and you do the math - search engines eventually found it. I noticed when my own description started to appear in ebay auction descriptions, including all typos. Well well, so i put a link to the main page and it is now more or less "officially" a website.

Please leave all your flaming about bad typos, incorrect information and biased ratings here - i have my own forum on that site, but admittedly i rarely check it out since it's pretty dead. I rather hang out here.

Oh well, enough of the boredom, so here is the site (For a few cheap laughs):

http://www.tankraider.com/DOSPALMTOP/list.html

I stumbled onto your site several years ago while scrounging for info on my paltry collection. I kinda considered your site to be the omnibus for handheld/palmtop stuff. I really liked that you gave a hands on review. Thanks for keeping it up and running.

Tom

Thanks again for all the PMs and feedback i got from people here. I tried to follow some advice and rearranged the order a bit, added info for another Tidalwave one. Still far from perfect, maybe imma look deeper into HTML one day to give it a better and less confusing style. And yeah i also wanna add info about which machines i already have and some more "review" style infos about handling. I have been asked several times about "value guidelines" but besides some evry common machines like the HP 200LX or Portfolio it is nearly impossible. In the end of the day a machine is always worth as much as one poor fool is willing to slam on the counter. And on ebay that is usually just me if it's a rare machine... XD

Well, with your effort and enthusiastic attitude you risk in more fools bidding in the same auction as you, but it is just my opinion ;)

That's always a risk, but I think particularly for obscure platforms, a little more interest means people think there's money in them, they're more likely to keep them and we're more likely to find them, even if the price is higher than it would be ordinarily. So that sword cuts both ways, as swords usually do. ;)

Maybe it's all my fault. When i started this list some palmtops were incredible bargains, i had some like a Sharp PC-3000 for 30 bucks, a highscreen handy organizer for like 20. Today these often fetch far over 100 bucks. But yeah i kinda knew it was too late when i first read my own words in an ebay auction and was like "Haha, pretty much as i would have said it...Hey wait a moment, it IS exactly like i said it...". Oh well but i just kept going. I guess someone had to show the love and passion for these machines. I never stop being amazed when a DOS palmtop without any box or accessories gets over 200 dollars. Then i always think like "How good you already have this model" (Although i wouldn't mind a CHEAP spare...).

Back