• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

My small collection up for sale... Seattle, WA, US area

EddieDX4

Veteran Member
UPDATE: Please see my post here for information about contacting me, and my schedule this weekend (6/10/2011)...

I barely spend any time fiddling with my vintages anymore, and space has become an issue since my wife and I moved into the city. I have decided it is time to part with the majority of my collection.

I will try to have an exhaustive list of items available in the coming days, along with highlight pictures whenever possible. In the meantime, here's an idea of the sort of things I've got:

-----------------------

Several Tandy machines:
*SOLD* 2x 1000HX (one boxed, one functional but for parts) *SOLD*
1000TX with keyboard
1000TL/2 (debating if I want to sell that, yet)
1000RL HD
TRS-80 CoCo 2
Tandy TRS-80 2000 with HDD (can't remember the size, I think 40mb, but the version of MS-DOS has 20 or 32mb partition size limit) and dual 720k 5.25" floppy drives. Also has the high resolution color graphics adapter, which can only be paired up with an early MultiSync monitor (such as the NEC listed, below) or the Tandy CM-1 (also listed, below).

Tandy CM-11 CGA monitor in great condition.

Tandy CM-1 (rare Tandy TRS-80 2000 high-res monitor...only works with that computer's color graphics!!! Fixed frequency and special cable....). I am in the process of creating a cable for (I've got a cable with the CM-1 type plug on both ends, need to cut one end off and mate it to a DB-9 type plug for the graphics card end). UPDATE: If anyone ends up getting this monitor, please see Chromedome45's post about a matching cable for it, below... UPDATE 2: He's donated the cable to the cause (Thank you!). If I get it before the item sells, it will be included.. If after it sells, I'll just ship it to whoever buys it. Or, I could wait until the cable gets here before shipping the monitor our, if you're in a no big hurry. :-D

*SOLD* NEC MultiSync (original) monitor, which supports analog (unlimited) /digital (in 8/16/64 selectable color modes) signals, and a multitude of frequencies (including the Tandy TRS-80 2000's color graphics adapter frequency, CGA, EGA, VGA). This is in really clean shape. I have a DB9 -> HD15 cable for it to be used as a VGA monitor, and it works with CGA/EGA/Tandy 2000 video sources with a standard DB9/DB9 serial cable. *SOLD*

--------------------

IBM PS/2 Model 50 with 8513 VGA monitor (1 or 2mb, and 20mb HDD).

*SOLD* IBM PS/2E (slim 486SLC/2 50mhz machine with built-in slim floppy drive and PCMCIA ports front/back). It has something like 8 or 12 MB of RAM (need to confirm) and a 125mb HDD. I believe I've got OS/2 2.1 running on this thing, at the moment. *SOLD*

*SOLD* IBM industrial EGA monitors (1 in great condition, 1 that suffered a shipping catastrophe and has a crack on the casing...but is otherwise perfectly functional). *SOLD*

*SOLD* IBM Professional Color Graphics Adapter/Monitor (bundle). *SOLD*

---------------------

Commodore stuff:

Amiga 1000 with built-in 256k upgrade + Microbotics 2MB upgrade (2.5MB RAM, total), in great shape. I don't have original Kickstart/WB disks, but have very clean copies I made of 1.3, including a customized WB disk with a floppy image transfer utility (via serial port...slow, but works!). This allows you to make floppies on your Amiga off images residing on a PC.

Commodore 2002 monitor, very clean, goes perfect with the 1000.

2x Commodore 64 breadbox versions, both boxed (1 has box inserts, the other does not). Both in great condition.

SX-64 in great shape, complete with manual and original cloth/zippered floppy storage pouch. This machine has a bad SID chip, which I intended to scavenge from one of my other 2 C64's at some point, but still haven't gotten around to do so. For the right offer, I'd be willing to bundle this and one of the C64's, and/or go through the trouble of changing the SID and testing before shipping.

2x 1541 "breadbox color scheme" floppy drives. One of these seems to need a head cleaning (has trouble reading a few disks that work perfect on my other), has the "flap" type lock, and looks great, the other has a more standard type "lever" type lock, works perfectly with all disks I throw at it, but its a bit "dirty" in appearance.

Some misc C64 peripherals, including a speech synthesis module, with software (kind of trippy to hear Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy being "narrated" by the C64 in an old school 80's computer voice).

A bunch of misc floppies (mostly "backups") that I can always include for free with the purchase of a system.

----------------------

Apple IIc Plus in great shape, except for numbers written underneath the case (I'm guessing it was used at a school at some point).

I do have an Apple IIc "green" monitor with stand, but it is in pretty yellowed/rough shape, so I would "include it" for the cost of shipping, if anyone buys the IIc Plus.

I also have a composite color monitor for it (no IIc stand, just standard built-in bar) that I bought from Raven a while back. It is boxed, and in fairly decent shape. Could bundle these items for the right price (plus shipping).

PowerMac G4, Dual 533mhz.

------------------

Gateway 2000 486DX/2 66mhz desktop, great condition.

Gateway 2000 P5-133 XL full tower (Pentium 133mhz). I'm pretty sure this one has 64MB of RAM, a Graphics Blaster Exxtreme (Premedia 2 based, I think) card of some sort, an Intel 10/100 ethernet card. Unsure of HDD space, but it's likely something like 1.6GB. Great condition... SUPER heavy. Likely a local-pickup item.

-------------------

2x HP OmniBook 800CT's. I have several peripherals for these, and I'd like to sell everything as a big bundle. If interested in the details, PM me and I'll spend the time typing everything up. :)

--------------------

Intel 386 machine (no, really...it's an Intel box!) UPDATE: I just remembered this machine was given to me for the cost of shipping... I'll pass it along in the same manner! So FREE + Shipping (in my direction it was about $24 via FedEx)!

AST mini-tower box of some sort (I believe 486DX2 66mhz, unsure of other specs...no HDD, no RAM I think). This machine is a mini-tower, but surprisingly heavy and well built. I believe it was AST's "business/professional" line at the time. Might be good for pickup, as shipping might be more than it is worth...

A custom-built, AT desktop case, 486DX4 100mhz ISA/PCI based system I put together a couple of years ago and used as my main DOS gaming desktop. The system looks new because I built it out of, then, new parts (even the 486DX4 OD CPU I installed was NIB when I got it). I think the only used parts I had in there were the HDD and sound card, which have since been transferred to another system. I can gather the details/pictures of this system for interested parties.

I have misc. peripherals, cables, and other items, which I will try to sort and catalog in the coming days/weeks, and add in here.

---------------

Calculators:

HP 28s, boxed with ALL original manuals (the box is a bit creased/worn, but complete). First of the HP graphing calcs (well, okay, the 28c was)!
TI-74 with printer (bare calculator/printer). Includes some odd optometrist software cart. Good condition. Protective plastic cover has a few scuffs, but in good shape.
TI Voyage 200 (this was the most powerful of the 68k based TI's). Calculator (mint condition) with protective cover, and USB transfer cable.
HP 50g (not exactly vintage...but I don't use it... This is in mint condition, with everything that came in its original "plastic bubble" packaging, sans the plastic itself.)
HP 35s (another non-vintage...but great scientific!). *Brand New...still sealed!*

------------------------

Please *PM* any offers, or if you'd like details on any particular item. If you want to make an "all-inclusive" offer with shipping, be reasonable (e.g. I probably won't agree to an $80 offer, including shipping, for an item worth close to $80 and that costs $30 to ship to your location...)

Local pickups will be given priority, if there's interest from multiple people on a single item, but I won't "back out" of a deal, so if I've already slated something as sold then I will follow through.

For things being sold out of state, I'll only accept PayPal payments (and the item will ship after the payment clears). Local pickups will be cash-only.

If you are outside of the US, please PM me and I will work with you on a case-by-case basis.

I'm not looking to make a profit, but please be reasonable when making offers. I'm willing to sell most of what I've got for near or a little less than what I paid for it or what it is worth (which, of course, is subjective in this market). But, at the same time, I'd like to at least recuperate enough to make the time spent sorting/describing/packaging/shipping worth my while.

Also, for bigger or more fragile items, please consider the cost of extra packaging and shipping insurance. I'll make a best effort to provide an accurate shipping/handling quote (only if I have to buy specialized shipping material will I factor that into "handling", otherwise it will be exact shipping).

Thanks for your interest!

Last edited:
Are those HP Omnibook 800ct's subnotebooks? If they're what I remember they were awesome little systems with most common external ports (com/lpt) built in? A local shop used to use those for troubleshooting hardware since they weren't worth much (they wouldn't be able to sell them) but made great terminals. I think the only problem was if you ended up with one with a keyboard/bios password although I heard there was a utility from the vendor to wipe it out but they wouldn't give it out to non-oem stores.

Apologies on my box being full... I'm deleting messages as I can!

*IBM PGC/PGA stuff spoken for*

Shadow, I received a PM about the EGA prior to the PM mailbox getting full from another member. If that doesn't go through, I will consider you the next-in-line.

barythrin: Yup, those are the ones! Both I have are 166mhz MMX models, but one is a parts machine (it works but was disassembled at some point to remove the HDD). One of them has 48MB of RAM, the other I believe has 16MB (the "parts" machine). I have the original external SCSI CD-ROM drive that was sold by HP for these machines, as well as various chargers, car adapter, etc. There's a few batteries, and at least one of them holds a good charge (I've used it for over 2 hours on a charge). I used one of them with a serial to ECU adapter for monitoring engine management on my Lotus.

Once again, apologies on the PM mailbox being full... I'm still cleaning up to ensure there's enough space for the incoming emails.

Thanks!
Eddie

It would help to have some guidance on price for the IBM PS/2s. Since the market value can be anywhere from $ 40 a piece for some to $ 200 a piece to others. :D

I'm looking to get $50 for the PS/2E system (plus shipping).

The Model 50, with reference guide, monitor, and mouse (I own a Model M keyboard, but it isn't for sale...), $100 plus shipping. I'm willing to separate the machine and monitor. This machine is super clean! Aside from some internal dust, it looks near new. The monitor is in great condition, but seems to have a loose wire because the picture will turn a bit yellowish sometimes and giving it a little bump brings it back to all of its bright VGA glory. It has no issues powering on.

I'm looking to get $50 for the PS/2E system (plus shipping).
Not my cup of tea.

The Model 50, with reference guide, monitor, and mouse (I own a Model M keyboard, but it isn't for sale...), $100 plus shipping. I'm willing to separate the machine and monitor. This machine is super clean! Aside from some internal dust, it looks near new. The monitor is in great condition, but seems to have a loose wire because the picture will turn a bit yellowish sometimes and giving it a little bump brings it back to all of its bright VGA glory. It has no issues powering on.
When the case is still available end of July I might be interested. I need to save up some $ first. :) I have some bills coming my way since I am fixing 2 8560s.

Not my cup of tea.

Posted it for reference (I thought that's what you were suggesting)... People are welcome to make offers!

When the case is still available end of July I might be interested. I need to save up some $ first. :) I have some bills coming my way since I am fixing 2 8560s.

Sure! Although, if any of this stuff is still available end of July, I may be needing a divorce lawyer! :-D

...kidding... But, I am somewhat motivated to sell most items, since the goal is to clear up the office room, which I've monopolized for some time. My wife wants her own workspace.

I'm looking to get $50 for the PS/2E system (plus shipping)...

These units are very small (and have a nice benefit of no fan, so the loudest sound is from the laptop-sized IDE drive) and lightweight (lower shipping cost). One of the better options is having the 4-card (2 each, front and back) PCMCIA adapter in the single ISA slot. A good price: Several years back I would see an "E" go for up to $200.

http://ibmmuseum.com/ohlandl/9533/9533.html

These units are very small (and have a nice benefit of no fan, so the loudest sound is from the laptop-sized IDE drive) and lightweight (lower shipping cost). One of the better options is having the 4-card (2 each, front and back) PCMCIA adapter in the single ISA slot. A good price: Several years back I would see an "E" go for up to $200.

http://ibmmuseum.com/ohlandl/9533/9533.html

I had big plans for this little fella, but like about 80% of my vintages, my aspirations were bigger than my schedule.

Back