• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

My son's 15 minutes of fame...

crock

Experienced Member
Hi all,

My son Ben will get to have his face on a postage stamp in Switzerland if enough people vote for his picture on the Swiss Post website. If you're on FaceBook, follow the link below and click 'Gefällt Mir', which is German for 'Like Me'. If you prefer, you can also switch the site into English first by clicking 'en' in the top-right hand corner.

http://gesichtermarke.ch/index.php?code=238275087b272d4142

Merry Christmas,

Rob

At first I thought this might be a wind up so I did visit the Swisspost site.

Now I'm the last person in the world to be uncharitable but this could fall under the category of being vain and I think I would like to softly make two points:

a) This seems to have precious little to do with Vintage Computing

b) In Switzerland, where I live, anybody can print out stamps with their own design quite readily. How do I know this, well because we carefully printed out a Christmas design for our stamps.

chrifsmas.jpg

(Hopefully you see that design)

So my best suggestion would be to print out your design (well you could have several) and send them to whoever you want.

Regards Marcus B

a) This seems to have precious little to do with Vintage Computing
Hence it's in the section "Completely Off Topic/General Off Topic"

b) In Switzerland, where I live
Wow, another VC fan in Switzerland. There's precious few people over near me (kanton Schwyz)
anybody can print out stamps with their own design quite readily. How do I know this, well because we carefully printed out a Christmas design for our stamps.
I know, but that's not the point. It's a competition being run by Swisspost, see here:
http://www.swisspost.ch/post-startseite/post-konzern/post-medien/post-archive/2012/post-mm12-sondermarke-gesichter-schweiz/post-medienmitteilungen.htm

Rob

Man, you only have 182 'Gefällt Mir'. And I cannot 'Gefällt Mir' you, because when trying to do it the system asks for my facebook login. I don't have a facebook account, and even if I had one I would refuse to let that walled garden grow beyond its natural scope.

Same here, alas, no FB account, obwohl er mir sehr gefällt. But that is one cute kid; he should win on looks alone!

You don't know your fellow Schweizer (well, Brit ex-pat AFAIK) Marcus? After bitsavers he's probably got the biggest collection of on-line docs and software out there...

Time you met and swapped Cromemco and Commodore stories ;-)

Merry Christmas, guys!!!

Cheers Mike, same to you. Thanks for your nice comments re: Ben, he's not so cute when he's trying to beat seven bells out of his sister though. :)

No, I've never been in touch with Marcus. My previous attempts at finding fellow VC fans in Switzerland has been difficult. I will make an effort in the New Year.

Back