• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

My Tandy Collection

kb2syd

Veteran Member
Well, I've been hanging around for a year or so. I guess it's time to put down a list of my collection. It is mostly based on the Tandy/Radio Shack computer lines. Here's what I have (the number in parens is how many I have):
  • Model I Level II with EI and Tandy Monitor (1).
  • Miscellaneous Model I Level II (2)
  • Model II's (3)
  • Model 12's (2)
  • Model 16b (3)
  • Model 6000 (3)
  • Model 6000hd (2)
  • Model III (2)
  • Model 4 (2)
  • Model 4p (3)
  • Color Computer (1)
  • Color Computer 2 (2)
  • Color Computer 3 (2)
  • FD-501 floppy adapter for CoCo (2)
  • MC-10 (2)
  • Model 2000 (4)
  • Model 1000sx (1)
  • Model 1000hx (2)
  • Model 1000hl (1)
  • Model 1400 (1)
  • CM-1 (1)
  • CM-11 (1)
  • CM-5 (2)
  • CM-8 (1)
  • 4 or 5 miscellaneous printers (DMP-2100, DMP-410, etc)
  • DT-1 (2)
  • DT-100 (1)

Non Tandy
  • Commodore SX64 (3)
  • Commodore 128 (2)
  • Commodore Plus4 (1)
  • Commodore 64 (3)
  • Apple ][+
  • Apple ][gs
  • Macintosh Plus
  • Mac G3
  • Two other PPC macs that I can't recall at the moment
  • Sparcstation LX
  • Sun Ultra 10
  • IBM 5150
  • IBM 5160
  • Several XT clones (3)
  • WY-50 terminal (1)
  • WY-160 terminal (2)
  • Dorio VG-10 terminal (3)
Things I'm looking for:
Model 16a
Xenix for the Model 2000
Drivers for the 4 meg cards for the 6000 series.

I guess I've been self indulgent long enough. Comments/Questions...

I have a Tandy 1000HX (640K RAM expansion, serial plus card, 2 3.5" floppies and the external 5.25" 360K floppy, CM-11 monitor), what add-ons do you have for that unit?

I have a Tandy 1000HX (640K RAM expansion, serial plus card, 2 3.5" floppies and the external 5.25" 360K floppy, CM-11 monitor), what add-ons do you have for that unit?

The only other thing I have is a third party hard drive that I hacked into one about 10 years ago. I'll have to post a picture. It's a mess. Case is bulged up over the top of the drive, the card is a standard ISA that kind of hangs out of the plus bay. Something only one of us could love.

You guys read my post about building a "S-100 to Tandy Bus Converter". I used it to hook up the Voice Synthesizer that you could buy for the Tandy. No, I didn't figure all that out on my own. Popular Electrons had nice pretty pictures on how to build it. I had GREAT FUN with that. My mom walks into my room and I have the computer say Hi, how you doing. She freaked out. Of course, it sounded almost exactly like the same deal in "War Games". You had to spell things phonetically to get them to sound correct.

I would like to hack an 8 bit ISA card into my HX using an ISA to PLUS bus converter (anybody have one?) and then use an external SCSI HD (to keep from frying the internal PSU).

Other then that I cant think of anything else except maybe a gender changer on the serial card I have in there so I can use a MS mouse. Why did Tandy have female serial ports anyway, greedy non-standard bastards.

I would like to hack an 8 bit ISA card into my HX using an ISA to PLUS bus converter (anybody have one?) and then use an external SCSI HD (to keep from frying the internal PSU).

I have made these using IDC headers, card edge connectors and a short piece of ribbon cable. That's how I hacked in a standard ISA hard drive card (well, not really standard, it did use the IRQ that the 1000 series wanted).

I forgot a whole family
  • Model 100 (2)
  • Model 102 (2)
  • Model 200 (1)
  • Model 600 (1)
There are a bunch of miscellaneous computers and parts laying around too. For example, I have a bunch of the external hard drives for booting TRS-DOS, CP/M and Xenix on the model II/12/16/6000 famility as well ls-dos and CP/M for the Model 4 computers.

I'll have to post some pictures when I get a chance.

Kelly

Hey, I'll be in your neck of the woods for Christmas...
We'll be visiting family in Bellevue, NE.

My basement is about 40' x 30' and there are shelves and benches everywhere. My wife is VERY understanding...

We used to have a 10m firing line for air pistols too.

Hey Kelly,

It was good seeing ya at last weeks Vintage Computer SwapMeet... I was the guy that everybody seemed to keep asking what my name was.. ;)

Cheers,

80sFreak
OKA
Bryan

Back