• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

My tiny collection

christssoldiers

Hi all,
Just looking up some info on my latest find and stumbled upon this fine little sight.

First off I must say that I am actually a retro video game collector and that has sort of "accidentally" caused me to become a retro computer collector. So far I have only a tiny handful (not including PC or PC compatable) which includes a Timex Sinclair 1000, a Coleco Adam, a Mattel Aquarius, and my latest find (beware of impending brag!) a practically brand new and complete with all original boxes manuals, disks and even the original packing material, an Apple //c.

Like I said just a tiny handful that evolved from my Atari, Intellivison, and other video games. The natural evolution of course leads me to these fine old computers!

While I'm at it anyone have any Coleco Adam controllers/joysticks they want to part with at a fair price ;^)

It's amazing how much cross-over there is between video game collectors, calculator collectors and computer collectors.

They are all similarly technical, all entertaining and each useful in their own right which, I guess, justifies the interest.

Erik

Erik said:
It's amazing how much cross-over there is between video game collectors, calculator collectors and computer collectors.

They are all similarly technical, all entertaining and each useful in their own right which, I guess, justifies the interest.

Erik

Well, hey, they're the same thing.

Also, tops on that Timex Sinclair 1000; I've been meaning to try one of those out, even if it's in emulator. I hear they're weird little computers inside.

Still need to upgrade my ColecoVision; anyone know a better place than eBay to pick up an Adam upgrade kit?

Erik said:
I'm not sure if the prices will suit, but check out eColeco for some Adam stuff for sale.

Good luck!

The prices are a bit extreme and I haven't really used the thing much since I got my 800XL, so maybe I'll just limit myself to going around to second-hand stores and looking for the kit. I've seen a couple Adam kits at Value Village years ago, so I'm willing to wager they're still there.

My small collection is computer game bases

C64
C128
Amiga 500
Amiga 1200
Atari 1040st
Apple IIgs
Tandy 1000 HX
Timex 2068

Plus a few newer PC's, and a few 68k macs
Atari 2600 too (purchased back in the late 70's 6 switch version)

Back