• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

My Vintage Computer Museum website

TanruNomad

Veteran Member
After 2 really big hauls of computers this last month, I thought it was time to put together a website to show off my collection in a reasonably organized way. It's nothing fancy, but here it is. It's a work in progress, still have to add sections for some more Commodore stuff and my game reviews, but most of the collection is there. I'm sure there's plenty of typos too. Let me know your thoughts!

One mistake in the description of the Apple II Plus: "One major improvement over the original Apple II was having both Integer BASIC and Applesoft BASIC stored in ROM." Actually, the II Plus only has Applesoft BASIC in ROM. Integer BASIC is loaded from disk into the extra RAM provided by the Language Card:

http://apple2info.net/index.php?title=Apple_II_Language_Card

Also, the Apple Lisa and Macintosh were actually developed simultaneously, beginning in 1978 and 1979, respectively. The Lisa was intended to be a business computer and the Macintosh to be a home computer, so "Jobs wanted to design a price reduced version that leveraged the Lisa's GUI enviroment and advanced capabilities" long before "the Apple Lisa failed to make a dent in the market due to its $10,000 price tag".

Other than that, it looks good! :)

One mistake in the description of the Apple II Plus: "One major improvement over the original Apple II was having both Integer BASIC and Applesoft BASIC stored in ROM." Actually, the II Plus only has Applesoft BASIC in ROM. Integer BASIC is loaded from disk into the extra RAM provided by the Language Card:

http://apple2info.net/index.php?title=Apple_II_Language_Card

Also, the Apple Lisa and Macintosh were actually developed simultaneously, beginning in 1978 and 1979, respectively. The Lisa was intended to be a business computer and the Macintosh to be a home computer, so "Jobs wanted to design a price reduced version that leveraged the Lisa's GUI enviroment and advanced capabilities" long before "the Apple Lisa failed to make a dent in the market due to its $10,000 price tag".

Other than that, it looks good! :)
Thanks for catching those. I'm actually surprised there weren't more errors, especially grammatical ones. I made the website in 2 days so most of my focus has been with the design and organizing pictures and video. I wrote quick little computer descriptions mostly from memory (which isn't has good as I thought apparently!).

I very much enjoyed your youtube videos. I also learned of yet another unicorn for me to chase (Clearlight superstar). Gee thanks!

lol

Nice job and thanks for putting it out there.

I very much enjoyed your youtube videos. I also learned of yet another unicorn for me to chase (Clearlight superstar). Gee thanks!

lol

Nice job and thanks for putting it out there.
You'll have better luck finding the unicorn. :p
I'm going to go watch some Legend now...

Back