• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

N8VEM-S100 S-100 Boards Arrived (SMBV2 and Mezzanines/16MB SRAM and Mezzanines/Parall

bonedaddy

Hi Everyone,

I'm giving details for all the S-100 boards that have arrived since many people have expressed interest in multiple boards.

First, the bad news. There was an issue with one of the orders and the board house swapped the counts for the 16MB SRAM
board and the Parallel IO board. So I'm currently short some of the 16MB SRAM boards until they can make more and ship them.

I'll fill orders in the order that people expressed interest to me. I'll order more boards if the extras I've ordered are spoken for and
people are still interested so the worst case is a delay.

Current inventory, prices, and my contact information is at the PCB Inventory page:
http://n8vem-sbc.pbworks.com/w/page/35044530/PCB Inventory

The board details and costs are (hopefully the formatting doesn't get all messed up:)

- S-100 Bus System Support Board V2 $20
The SMB board takes a display mezzanine board. There are three different display boards depending on what displays you have.
These display boards are the same as was used with the first version of the SMB board so you don't need others if you already
have some from before. The difference in price is due to the different number ordered based on interest.
- S-100 Bus System Support Board Display Mezzanine for TIL311 $6.00
- S-100 Bus System Support Board Display Mezzanine for LED Bars $10.00
- S-100 Bus System Support Board Display Mezzanine for HP5082 $10.00

- S-100 16MB SRAM Board $20
The 16MB SRAM board takes two small mezzanine boards where the surface mount SRAM is soldered. Both are required.
I have a small number of these mezzanines that failed test and I'll include one for free to people who express interest with
their payment (they are non-functional but maybe someone would like to practice their surface mount soldering with them.)
The mezzanines are $3.00 each

- S-100 Parallel IO Board $20

- S-100 6502 V2 Board $20

- S-100 8 Slot Backplane $20

Shipping:
-------------
Shipping in the US is $5.95 for Priority Mail flat rate padded envelope. I will put cardboard inside to try to add some additional
protection. $50 insurance is included. Additional insurance is available. Let me know what you want and I'll price it for you.
Since it's flat rate I can ship multiple boards in the same envelope.

For shipping outside of the US, I'll price out Priority Mail International and First Class International based on your order and
let you know the costs. Let me know if you want insurance for the full value of your boards.

Payment:
--------------
Payment can be made to my email (tsg at bonedaddy.net) via PayPal. Please ensure you tell me the number and type of
boards you want and if you want insurance to the full value of the boards. Also please be sure to send your address. If you want
to make different payment arrangements please email me.

As with the other group orders, these boards are bare PCBs with no components and are being sold "at cost." There is no
warranty and no build help aside from what you might get from the helpful people on the N8VEM-S100 google groups mailing list.

More Information:
-------------------------
The individual pages on John Coffman's website for each board are:

http://s100computers.com/My System Pages/SMB Board/S100 Bus SMB.htm
http://s100computers.com/My System Pages/16M RAM Board/16MG RAM Board.htm
http://s100computers.com/My System Pages/Parallel Ports IO Board/Parallel Ports IO Board.htm
http://s100computers.com/My System Pages/6502 Board/6502 CPU Board.htm
http://n8vem-sbc.pbworks.com/w/browse/#view=ViewFolder&param=S-100 backplane

Finally, I also have S-100 Bus Extender and S-100 Bus Terminator boards on order (expected to ship on May 29th.) So if you plan
to order any of those boards and want me to wait to ship until those come in then let me know.

Hopefully this provides enough info but feel free to reply on the N8VEM-S100 list or via private email (tsg at bonedaddy.net)

Thank you,

Todd

- S-100 Bus System Support Board V2 $20
The SMB board takes a display mezzanine board. There are three different display boards depending on what displays you have.
These display boards are the same as was used with the first version of the SMB board so you don't need others if you already
have some from before. The difference in price is due to the different number ordered based on interest.
- S-100 Bus System Support Board Display Mezzanine for TIL311 $6.00
- S-100 Bus System Support Board Display Mezzanine for LED Bars $10.00
- S-100 Bus System Support Board Display Mezzanine for HP5082 $10.00
Hello Todd,
i hope you mean the System Monitor Board V2 ;)

As i wrote in the Googlegroup,
two SMB V2 and two TIL311 boards for me, please.
Please let me know the shippingcosts for shipping to Germany.

Frank

Is there any interest in a hex display mezzanine for the SMBv2 that uses regular 7-segment displays? I've been working on a hex display project myself:

...and could integrate it with a mezzanine board for cheaper hex display capability. I'd probably choose to use single-digit standard 7-segment displays to keep supplies readily available.

Is there any interest in a hex display mezzanine for the SMBv2 that uses regular 7-segment displays? I've been working on a hex display project myself:

...and could integrate it with a mezzanine board for cheaper hex display capability. I'd probably choose to use single-digit standard 7-segment displays to keep supplies readily available.
Well the TIL311 parts I have been using are pretty expensive ~$60, they do look nice though. John Monahan seems to use these on his board designs, I have them on the S100-FDC card as well. What would the price difference be, and what would be sacrificed? There are already mez boards for HP-5082 and just LED bar displays, (in case you didn't notice)
Kipp

What would the price difference be, and what would be sacrificed? There are already mez boards for HP-5082 and just LED bar displays, (in case you didn't notice)

Probaby around $30 for the whole thing, the only sacrifice is that 7-segment digits don't look as nice. I suppose with a little more I/O on the PIC I could use 14- or 16-segment displays for better character rendering. Originally I designed the board for my projects, to cut down on the cost/availability of "smart" hex displays like the TIL311 and HDSP-5082 and older 7-segment hex driver ICs, which are usually as expensive as the hex displays.

Back