• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Nan Tan / Bondwell / Clevo 7600 Pentium 75 laptop DRIVERS?

bobba84

Veteran Member
Hi guys,

I'm in the process of restoring a Pentium 75 laptop, and want to know more about the specs and whether anyone has drivers available.

I tried emailing clevo.com.tw, their response, check the website for drivers. It's not there. I can see it in the wayback machine, but the links are all dead.

Anyone have one similar or know anything about them?

Thanks in advance for all replies! :)

Bobby.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Easiest way to find drivers on an unknown computer is to write down the part numbers of the major components and search for them online. That laptop is going to use bog standard components, I can already see it has some variant of a Chips & Technologies VGA adapter.

You don't need the manufacturer's website for drivers, there are plenty of driver archive sites that will have such drivers. Even Windows 98SE would have most of them available.

If you installed Windows 2000, you'd be able to look up the PCI/ISA IDs in the device manager, which would make the search easier.

I have a pair of Bondwell floppies that I stumbled across, but I'm not sure of the exact machine they are for. They are from around 1993, and seem to have various graphics drivers. They appear to be Chips & Technologies drivers, and there is a readme on disk1 that say "VAMPIRE 655XX DRIVER PACKAGE - RELEASE 2.4.6 August 17, 1993"

If you think they are what you need, let me know and I'll get images to you.

Which drivers are you lacking? If you can provide a chip list (VGA, sound etc) then I might have them in my stack of drivers for Alphatop (Green model), Clevo or Chicony MP series of laptops. My Clevo drivers don't go back beyond the 1550 and newer models, but the Chicony and Alphatop used C&T plus Opti VGA chips. I also have drivers for some other brands such as Gateway and Samsung. As someone else stated most makers used a driver provided by the maker of the chip and not a custom driver.

Back