• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

NEC Mobilepro 750c

Chromedome45

Veteran Member
Anyone familiar with this palmtop? It is based on windows ce and just will not power up. Batteries seem to be charging and even when on AC it still will not turn on. Any help would be appreciated. :(

Here are some basic and slightly obvious suggestions. Make sure you are using the correct power supply? There should be a a reset button on the bottom toward the rear of the unit. Check to see if the display brightness is turned down completely. Remove the battery and try with just the power supply connected. I have seen some comments from other 750c owners about failed caps causing power on problems.

Last edited:
The thing about resetting is that it needs to be on to do a reset!? A catch 22 if you will. I tried to turn on and press Alt-F12 to increase brightness but nothing there.
I have tried without a battery and still nothing. The Power supply I received with it was a 15 volt. Specs call for a 9 volt. So I am trying it with a 9 volt and of course also no good. I don't think the 15 volt did any damage though. Or I hope not. A question thought do these things beep at startup? Or make any kind of sound. If so it is dead silent.

Connecting a 15v power supply would most likely cause damage if the unit required 9 volts. The oldest NEC I have anymore is a 900C but I also have a Sharp HC 4500 Color which is similar to the 750C. Both of mine will chime once Win CE starts to load. If I don't use the Sharp for a while I have to plug it in and let the battery charge for about 5 minutes before it will turn on.

Just checked the NEC support website and it says a hard reset must be performed if the main battery and the backup battery have both been completely discharged. Before a hard reset can be done the battery must be allowed to charge for 10 hours. If you don't already have it you can download the user guide from the NEC 750c support page.

The 15v PS was what it came with. I was probing around the motherboard and I see voltages everywhere. Mainly looking at CAPS right now. Not to hard to take apart. And yes I have the manual already. Came with the unit. Still probing around right now.

Back