• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Need help identifying some cards

Maybe, but I wonder if it's perhaps a clone of a Herc InColor card. Or maybe a multi-page MGA.

Here's a better picture

I haven't the faintest idea what the TI chip is in the upper right corner. The 31MHz XCO is another clue to a higher-resolution card.

Maybe EIZO will have a clue.

Worth trying to sell it or throw it in with the rest of the stuff that's going to be recycled?

Just got a reply from Eizo here in Sweden regarding the MDA board:

MD-B05 had normally no drivers, there was a Hercules Graphics Card Plus, which passed the 70Hz frame rate with a white background on the screen Eizo FlexScan 4051st The special feature of Hercules + was that you could see different styles (bold, italic, underline, etc.) in WordPerfect (for DOS).

Just got a reply from Eizo here in Sweden regarding the MDA board:

MD-B05 had normally no drivers, there was a Hercules Graphics Card Plus, which passed the 70Hz frame rate with a white background on the screen Eizo FlexScan 4051st The special feature of Hercules + was that you could see different styles (bold, italic, underline, etc.) in WordPerfect (for DOS).

If you need drivers/utilites for the Herc Plus, I have them. It's a pretty cool and under-appreciated card.

If you need drivers/utilites for the Herc Plus, I have them. It's a pretty cool and under-appreciated card.

Thanks for the offer :) but I'm going to try and sell it on Ebay since I don't have an MDA monitor anymore (sold it to per), might get a couple of bucks for it I think...

Both look like no-name Taiwanese EMS boards. Take a look at the MCT version for a possible clue. These were very popular on 5160's, as everyone wanted to run big 1-2-3 spreadsheets.

Your biggest problem is going to be finding software that works with these.

Sorry to ` hack` an old thread..

I can confirm the green large memory board is a MODULAR CIRCUIT TECHNOLOGY MCT-EMS

The picture of that board doesnt say it is.. But mine does...

And i cant get it installed..

I just did what the manual said.. I put all of the 512KB of memory in sockets 7 and 8.. The owner of this card where i bought of had put the memory in sockets 1 and 2..

Tried that software you found for me ChuckG but i cant use the testbank.exe software before i installed the device driver..
When iam using the install.exe its mentioned two cards...(board model) The MEMO2000A, and the MEGABIT and the utility named ` DFI memory EXpansion Board Installation Utility Version 1.01

Is this really the correct drivers for my card?

DSC00401.jpg

DSC00402.jpg

DSC00403.jpg

DSC00404.jpg

Last edited:
I'm a few months late. But last night I identified my RAM BANK as an MCT card too thanks to a random ebay listing then TULARC/google - and then came here all excited and realized you guys already knew and had a driver :p

Anyway in my hunting I found newsgroup posts. Apparently the 2000A card (the AT version) uses the same driver as the 2000X. Someone back then lost their drivers, and this is what MCT sent them and told them. I haven't tried it myself.

Did you get the card running? AFAIK the chips need to be installed left to right (mine are).
In those photos the chips are right to left.

Edit: also, can I get a link/copy of those files? I'd like to test mine out tonight, I have it sitting there ready, and a Turbo XT to setup.

Last edited:
Whoops :( This must be the wrong thread, same card, wrong thread.
Still got those files Chuck? :oops:

Edit: nevermind, Above Board drivers worked fine, also found another card (RAM MARVEL) with the same layout and the switch pattern I read made logical sense - so good chance that'll work as well. First card detected, and RAM tested 1Mb EMS perfectly.

Last edited:
Hi all,
I have the same EIZO MD-B05 card - it outputs HGC to HGC or VGA monitor (works fine with old mono VGA, goes to sleep every 15 secs on modern ones), depending on switch - and I've tried to read a BIOS from the ROM near to ISA slot - at it is empty! (consists of zeroes).

Do anyone have something meaningful in that chip?

Back