• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Need Help Writing Wiki Article

WMH

Experienced Member
Hey guys,

I've started an article on Diagnosing Common Apple II Problems in the Collecting and Using part of the wiki. Now I'm no expert on the real low-level stuff (you know, diagnosing bad chips and things) so I'm going to need some help writing the article. It could probably save all of us Apple II users some typing; we could point new users to that article and let them do some diagnosing on their own before we have to repeat the "Is it RAM?", "Is it the Char Gen?", etc. standard procedure.

Thanks,
WMH

Hey guys,

I've started an article on Diagnosing Common Apple II Problems in the Collecting and Using part of the wiki. Now I'm no expert on the real low-level stuff (you know, diagnosing bad chips and things) so I'm going to need some help writing the article. It could probably save all of us Apple II users some typing; we could point new users to that article and let them do some diagnosing on their own before we have to repeat the "Is it RAM?", "Is it the Char Gen?", etc. standard procedure.

Thanks,
WMH

Well my experience on my //e tells me that it can be RAM even when the computer passed the RAM test, lol.

Would be worth noting the "piggybacking" method of diagnosing RAM, while it may not always work, I would say it works often enough to be worth a try.

fastest way to test if a 6502 goes through it's addresses that i know of is hardwire the databus for a NOP and only add minimal system requirements to a bread board.

then you can add some led's to the address lines and well if wired correctly you should see it increment.

Well my experience on my //e tells me that it can be RAM even when the computer passed the RAM test, lol.

Would be worth noting the "piggybacking" method of diagnosing RAM, while it may not always work, I would say it works often enough to be worth a try.

Yeah, that's what I'm getting at. But I don't know how how to piggyback, so that's one reason why I need help. :)

fastest way to test if a 6502 goes through it's addresses that i know of is hardwire the databus for a NOP and only add minimal system requirements to a bread board.

then you can add some led's to the address lines and well if wired correctly you should see it increment.

Please post that method on the article!

Back