• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Need Keycap and plunger for Atari 520ST

VERAULT

Veteran Member
so I am restoring my Atari 520 ST and the keyboard is complete except for the "9" key on the number pad. Does anyone have a new plunger or keycap? If so please PM me.

so I am restoring my Atari 520 ST and the keyboard is complete except for the "9" key on the number pad. Does anyone have a new plunger or keycap? If so please PM me.
I have received an Atari 520 ST in damaged condition so do not whish to try and repair it, where are you located it may be possible to send to you.
if its of interest it is free. I can post pics of the damage if interest is there...:)

Verault: I noticed that oldgreywolf was quite local to me here in the UK and DMed him to enquire about what he intended to do with the rest of this machine. He has kindly allowed me to become its new custodian (and even threw in an SM124 mono monitor, which I was not expecting). Thanks, oldgreywolf.

The machine's upper and lower casings are very badly broken but the keyboard is 100% complete and I would be reluctant to make it incomplete by removing one key from it - however there is a seller here in the UK who sells individual key + plunger + contacts, presumably from scrapped STs. I am prepared to honour oldgreywolf's original offer to you by ordering one of these and sending it over to you (I realise you are in the USA). If you would like me to do that please DM me and we'll take it from there.

The same UK seller also advertises on the USA ebay site here, if you would prefer to miss out the middle man and just obtain one yourself.

The listing shows an image of the 'Undo' key but scroll down the listing and you can see which keys he has, and in what quantities. At the moment he appears to have 16 of the numeric keypad '9' keys. For anyone else interested in obtaining keys from this source bear in mind that they are probably from keyboards with a UK layout so the '3' key in the main keypad numeric row will have 3\£ on it rather than 3\#, for example.

Back