• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Need software for Grammar Engine PromICE

Bruce Tomlin

Experienced Member
I have three of these that I accumulated over the past decade from lucky thrift store finds. I finally got them talking tonight so now I need the software for them. I'd like to have the C source code to the "loadice" utility. Does anyone here have it?

FWIW, they are a 256K unit with v5.3a firmware, a 256K with v5.2d, and a 64K+64K (16-bits yeah!) with v4.1a. Next step is to see if I can put in bigger RAM chips, then build some ROM cables. The command-line serial interface is clunky, but it's good enough to verify operation.

Hi Hargle. If you still have one i could be interested. I am living in France.
Thanks
Eric

I have three of these that I accumulated over the past decade from lucky thrift store finds. I finally got them talking tonight so now I need the software for them. I'd like to have the C source code to the "loadice" utility. Does anyone here have it?

FWIW, they are a 256K unit with v5.3a firmware, a 256K with v5.2d, and a 64K+64K (16-bits yeah!) with v4.1a. Next step is to see if I can put in bigger RAM chips, then build some ROM cables. The command-line serial interface is clunky, but it's good enough to verify operation.

Hello,
Do you run today loadice on w10 ?
Eric

Hello. Do you have make some progress. I try to have the loadICE running on my 64 bits windows10. Yesterday I get the first time exchange of message between my laptop and the promICE.
If you want to sell your units please contact me.
Thanks. Eric

Very interesting to see the PromICE discussed here. Grammar Engine was founded by a friend of mine and when he stopped making hardware, he has given blanket permission to share information/files. I provided what I had to Bitsavers. Here are some photos and PDFs available online:

Back