• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Need some drive opening fillers for XT

strollin

Experienced Member
Not sure what they're called. The 1/2 height, black plastic filler pieces used to cover the gaping hole in the front on an XT when a 1/2 height drive is installed instead of a full height. Anybody have some extras of these laying around or know of a place where I could buy them? I could use 2-3 of them.

Would AT drive bay covers / blanking plates fit an XT? If so I have plenty of these lying around. Beige or black. Don't know what postage would be, though shouldn't be much as they hardly weigh anything.

BG

Yup - I still have a half and a full cover. Very chintzy for IBM--styrene, about a quarter-inch thick; those lugs liked to snap off.

Some very serviceable ones could probably be made from 1/4" sheet acrylic and they'd hold up better, too.

Back