• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Need someone to build an XT-CF-Lite

jeffpar

I'm looking for someone interested in building an XT-CF-Lite. Naturally, I'll cover the full cost of the PCB, BOM, and your time, based on how many hours you think it will require to assemble (and test) the card. If the total seems reasonable, I might even be interested in two cards.

Thanks,
Jeff@pcjs.org

It's a really good idea to let prospective builder-droids know where you are located.

Personally, I suggest that you learn to solder. You will get a lot of satisfaction out of having built it yourself.

Yes, find a hackerspace near you (if possible) and join. Lots of fun, and you will learn many new things. Soldering, building stuff and more.

I think the trouble is that so much can go wrong with the surface mounted components. The contacts for the CF connector are really closely spaced together, making it too easy to bridge pins. The el-cheapo Radio Shack iron just won't cut it here. So between the cost of the board and bracket, ordering the parts from Mouser and essentially buying a new set of soldering tools, it may very well be cheaper and less aggravating to pay someone else to do it.

Back