• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

The South Needed cover shield for the expansion slots for the original Compaq Portable

Covers: Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and West Viriginia.
Dont you think shaping hour own from a sheet of alluminum would be easier than finding one? You can buy a sheet of alluminum from amazon. bend it and cut it to shape.

Dont you think shaping hour own from a sheet of alluminum would be easier than finding one? You can buy a sheet of alluminum from amazon. bend it and cut it to shape.
But the standard XT covers work already. I'm assuming @Chromedome45 is after original (yellow anodized) only for the accuracy? Unfortunately I've given away the ones I had, and of course now I need one as well :( So meantime I'm just using a chrome one.

I assumed he was looking for the yellow alluminum bracket with all the holes in it. But thats going to be a hard order to find without a machine. Making one isnt that hard. The hardest part is the inset screw fastners. But cross that bridge when you get to it.

Too bad this wasn’t sooner. There was a guy on eBay parting out a portable, looks like it mostly gone now. You might try messaging him and see if he has anything like that left. wdauctionestates was the username.

(I bought a spare keyboard and power supply so I can bench test things without taking apart my complete system).

Back