• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

NES with 5 games sells for $13,105

It could be added that the European PAL release of Stadium Events is nowhere as rare as the NTSC one. A complete, boxed PAL cartridge perhaps ends at ~ US$ 250 - 400. Possibly a little more if it is really untouched. Although I'm no NES fanboy, I've come to learn the NTSC version was only available in one or two stores in Canada (IIRC) for a week or so before Nintendo pulled it from the market. At least that is along the lines of how the story goes, and you can imagine a mythical game that is quite well known to collectors but which only was for sale for a few weeks will make some of them empty their bank account. The comparison to jewellry doesn't quite hold, since a gold pendant that is only known to exist in a handful copies and perhaps was worn by a royalty or other celebrity surely would go for much more than $13K.

Wow. You know.. at some point I just have to sit back and say good for her. It's so hard to know what software is rare and what is crap. Glad she got something for it instead of chucking it to someone greedy.

Yeah the cool thing is that she probably only thought she was getting maybe $40-$50 for a Nintendo system and a few games! I'm sure she was more than pleasantly surprised! I think it's a really cool story !!!!!

I'm most curious about the two retracted bids. On Feb 9, 15:05 the current highest bid was $8700. At 16:05 someone with a 1138 pt feedback (!) put a bid at $9000 but cancelled it two and a half hours later due to "entered wrong amount". At 00:23 in night, another fellow entered $8800 but cancelled it five minutes later due to "entered wrong amount". At the closing point, two snipers entered the action with bids of $13005 and $13105, of which the highest bidder had two even higher bids entered just in case.

Now I don't know about you, but I fail to see how $8800 or $9000 can be "wrong amount" if the current highest bid is $8700. I sense some people only want to play so they make fake bids and then trust the goodwill of eBay to allow them to cancel it. If those would be newbies with just a few points of feedback I can almost understand, but someone with more than 1100 points should know better or have better control of his or her economy to know which items they can afford.

Back