• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

new acquisition: Texas Instruments Portable Professional

Chris2005

Banned
...puter. I ran out of space. NOT a peecee compatible, but does sport a 4.77mhz 8088 uP. 6545 on the graphics card (not 6845). Built in color crt. Lavish graphical capability ;), 640 x 300 x 16 colors. Wo laddy. It's a little skanky, and the idiot couldn't pack a precious parcel to save his life, but all in all I'm happy. Perhaps not the first color portable, BUT DAMN LIKELY THE COOLEST!!! Possibly the heaviest portable to say the least. ouch

thanks but I have all the basics. Dos 1.25 and 2.woteva. Basic, diags, Lotus 1-2-3. Even some weird compiler or something knows as COBAL (not COBOL). I've had the desktop version (2x) for years and years and years. The TI PC is probably one of the least spectacular *color* semi-compatibles, but the portable version puts it on the map. I'm actually quite happy with the purchase at this point (despite the yellow and general crud). Set me back $55. It's pretty heavy too. And large. At least 50% larget then a Compaq luggable. My Portable II is nothing by comparison in terms of weight.
And Terry, regarding the PM, please do ;)

Chris2005 said:
thanks but I have all the basics. Dos 1.25 and 2.woteva. Basic, diags, Lotus 1-2-3. Even some weird compiler or something knows as COBAL (not COBOL). I've had the desktop version (2x) for years and years and years. The TI PC is probably one of the least spectacular *color* semi-compatibles, but the portable version puts it on the map. I'm actually quite happy with the purchase at this point (despite the yellow and general crud). Set me back $55. It's pretty heavy too. And large. At least 50% larget then a Compaq luggable. My Portable II is nothing by comparison in terms of weight.
And Terry, regarding the PM, please do ;)

I thought the portable version was b&w only. So, how about hardware? Could you use sum'n like the speech-thinggy? (Sorry, my PM has been acting-up all day...keep getting the "DEBUG MODE" thing).

--T

as a matter of fact, I am looking for the speech board (I suppose I should open this thing up and see what it's already got). There's this guy who for MOOOOOONTHS is supposed to send me magazines and some boards for the TI. I got to bug him some more evidently...

Back