• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

NEW Amiga!

New Amigas

New Amigas

I believe there are at least three 'current' hardware platforms now, the 1200/4000 with G3 upgrades, and two custom G3 or G4 systems (the new systems seem to resemble a cross between PC hardware expansion and Macintosh CPUs, and leave behind the Amiga Video/sound chips). Also there is at least three OSs competing for use on the new Amiga Hardware. AmigaDOS 4.0 (now in beta) and a couple extras.

This is from my observations at AmiWest, I also observed there was more OS work being done than actual applications for them being written (speakers were looking more for developers to market their system than users). And it seems that the owners of the Amiga Technology (Amiga, Inc.) seem to be going through some severe financial/creditor problems (what else is new, eh?)

The current PPC amiga have little software for them and amiga OS 4 is pretty much vaporware.

The amigaone is a PPC machine that runs older software via emulation and costs more then a cheap PC doing the same thing.

I dont think anybody is going to make amiga os 4 apps, its dead out of the gate.

Back