• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

New Forums nits

Yeah I tried that... but still refused to work. It's very strange.
Can I get more details on what is meant by not working well? I don't really use it much, but I did note that it requires a minimum of 4 characters to search for. So as an example, you can't search for IBM, but I was able to search for IBM* and the results looked ok to me.

Can I get more details on what is meant by not working well? I don't really use it much, but I did note that it requires a minimum of 4 characters to search for. So as an example, you can't search for IBM, but I was able to search for IBM* and the results looked ok to me.
Okay maybe it's me - I was trying to search for adm-1 and then adm 1 -- in both cases it hit me with an 'oops' msg. But if i remove the hyphen or space it seemed to work. When I first started trying to use it, even just ordinary words like 'commodore' would cause the oops message.

The full-post-editor page defaults to auto-subscribing me to threads even though I have the options for that disabled in the board preferences. This is fairly annoying.

Okay this is an issue. While the old forum is now apparently read-only, someone managed to PM me over there this evening.

It doesn't appear in my inbox on the new forums.

Edited: and I was seemingly able to send a PM back with no errors.

Attachments

• sdafasdf.png
    sdafasdf.png
    116.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Even though the old forum has this issue as well, I was just wondering why there isnt a UK/EUROPEAN systems area? I am currently working on a ZX spectrum in the scary and often empty "Other" section. We have plenty of long time members from areas where these machines are a big deal (Im referring to Amstrad, Sinclair, Acorn, BBC [ I know same thing]). Shouldnt these machines have an area as well? I mean we have 3 areas for "PC' system now.. Maybe more?

Even though the old forum has this issue as well, I was just wondering why there isnt a UK/EUROPEAN systems area? I am currently working on a ZX spectrum in the scary and often empty "Other" section. We have plenty of long time members from areas where these machines are a big deal (Im referring to Amstrad, Sinclair, Acorn, BBC [ I know same thing]). Shouldnt these machines have an area as well? I mean we have 3 areas for "PC' system now.. Maybe more?
Very good point. I added two new genres.

It would help prevent some miscommunication for some that grew up in Toronto but moved to L.A.

Ontario, CA means two very very different things depending which side of the family I'm speaking with.

Heres a real nitpicky nitpick.

The location tag for Ontario Canada is misspelled as Ontatio

View attachment 1238852
Whoops, that's on me, and it's not a nitpick, that's a straight up "Needs to be fixed ASAP" Interestingly I got the help fields spelt right. It's been fixed, but I absolutely would appreciate it if the others were checked as well, entering in that list was tedious, and while I did my best to proof read the things, it's possible I missed some others.

Well I don't know how the Location tag for me got through, when the 'Back of Burke' is an Aussie expression meaning 'the Middle of Nowhere' and I haven't even spelt "Guday" correctly, which should be "G'day". 😆

Back