• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

New Help to Identify Chips on IBM 5364 Driver Card

Jimmy

Veteran Member
I am trying to trace out the circuits for the IBM 5364 Driver Card. There are 3 chips labeled R1, R2, and R3. They have the trademark AB in a circle which I think is Allen Bradley.
R1 is 316E221331 with 8501 under the number. R2 and R3 are labeled 314A822 or possibly 314AB22 with the number 8502 to the right. Checking Mouser all the other chips are still available but some with 6 weeks or more lead time. I have two working cards but would like to document as much as I can as a learning project.

I know I do not have the expertise to complete a project like this but hope to learn from just trying. I would hope someone could suggest alternates that may work.

I have attached a picture of the front of the card.

Thanks for any help.

Jimmy

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 13
The Allen-Bradley ICs are resistor networks--purely passive. It's doubtful that any of them are bad.
However, you can look them up here.

For example the 316E221331 is a standard 220/330 ohm terminator network. I'll add that these things are commodity items, so, for example, a Bourns part would be an equivalent, but with a different part number--but you'll always see a 221/331 somewhere. The 85xx on your parts are the manufacturing date.

Back