• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

New Here-Need Help Bad

misscc803

Hey,

Glad to be apart of this site.

Anyways im in the search for some clarification cause i keep gettin different answers so i figure since this forum is for vintage computers yall would know.

Question:Are there any other drives other than floppy and tape that are 34 pin? If so please give me as much information as you can. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
Nicole

Doing a search and not getting much information but where will this cable put me as far as what i want to do?

Thanks
Nicole

Trying to put a zip drive in my sampler(akai mpc2000). Like with those cables he listed what would one need them for?

Thanks
Nicole

You know, this really isn't a support site for late model synthesizers.

That being said, I did some Googling for you. The MPC 2000 takes a standard 1.44MB diskette drive. It also has a 25 pin D shell SCSI port. I don't know what devices you can hook up to that SCSI port, but you can probably find the instruction manual or look up the manufacturer to find out for sure. And those two options are going to give you much better information.

I googled for akai mpc2000 scsi and got approx 21,500 results. Several interesting documents, and the first hit is an eBay auction selling a complete 250 MB SCSI Zip drive kit for this sampler. Starting bid $95, BuyIt Now at $100 which is a bit less than $300. It doesn't say if this is a factory default Zip drive and cable so you might find cheaper options, but you get installation instructions and a free Zip disc with the kit.

Of course it would be an external drive, if it is a major factor. IMHO, modding the sampler to take another type of storage device probably would dump its collectability value.

Like I said, there is a lot of help on Google for this late model synth. Let's take it offline from here.

Thanks to all for the help but i think i have a solution. I'll let yall know how it goes.

Nicole

Back