• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

New limited function board for PDP8a with MOS memory

anders_bzn

Experienced Member
A friend of mine got parts to build a small PDP-8a/100 with MOS memory. After some time he figured out that the limited function panel didn't work, it was for a core memory machine!

I draw a new one, it should be possible to move the components from a core-board to this new one. I built mine with new parts for testing.

limited-function-brd-pcb-small.png

limited-function-brd-new-and-old.jpg

limited-function-brd-under-test.jpg

Cad files: https://www.pdp-9.net/docs/pdp8a-limited-function-board-mos/limited-function-bd-eagle.zip
Gerbers: https://www.pdp-9.net/docs/8a-limited-function-board-mos/limited-function-bd.zip

Somehow I think that it would be nice to have a website where all these kind of projects are listed together.
I know you did some work on the G888 as well. But I don't know where to find it.
And for other projects it is the same. I put my projects like the m8357, m882, m8331, m885, m869 etc on github.
And I want to do a few more. But Google doesn't seem to find them all. So how would anyone know about it...

Somehow I think that it would be nice to have a website where all these kind of projects are listed together.
I know you did some work on the G888 as well. But I don't know where to find it.
And for other projects it is the same. I put my projects like the m8357, m882, m8331, m885, m869 etc on github.
And I want to do a few more. But Google doesn't seem to find them all. So how would anyone know about it...

Well, I will put out mine at my site. There are some small projects already. I have waited to put out the G888's since they needed a patch. I have got a new version of the boards now and should build and try them any day. I have this RK05 on my desk that I need to get going first...

Just realized that this limited function board (should be named 5411168 ) only goes into the 8A's with 10-slot backplane. Nothing to do with MOS vs Core...

I have a limited funtion board 5011506A. I was planning to use it on a 8A625 but now I see there is a different panel version with an extra connector (5011506C). What is the difference between the two? Will it work on a 8A625?

Attachments

• photo63773.jpg
    photo63773.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 1
  • photo63774.jpg
    photo63774.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 1
  • photo63775.jpg
    photo63775.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 1
From what I can see it's just the different revisions of the same board. I guess both will work just fine. If you want to be sure, you have to consult the schematics for two revisions, finding out the differences.

Back