• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Evan Foss

Hello VCF,

I have been accumulating computers and vintage test equipment since I was a young child starting with my first machine a used IBM 5150 that he repaired from his work's garbage pile. Yes I saved that machine and his first home computer (C64). I realized at this point that my saving these machines has switched from a thing I did because I was still using them practically to feeding some historical curiosity and nostalgia. The bulk of my more obscure stuff is from the job my father had when I was young. When the company (started in the last 1970's) went out of business in the mid 1990's about part of the engineering department landed in our family living room. Decades later I wanted to make sure things like the service manuals got scanned and put in a safe public place along with drivers and etc on the pile of aging disks.

I also have a later collection mostly of stuff rescued from my schools garbage that is a bit more common (Apple IIc, Apple IIe), some more stuff I was gifted (TRS MC-10) and during the COVID lockdown I got into repairing 8 bit era game consoles. My wife started this after commenting she missed her childhood colecovision.

I spent the last 13 years working as one of a small team of staff research engineering in hospital/university lab that studies hearing but I am moving on from that now. That institution is funny in that it was home to the last LINC in use which they retired in 1994.

Evan

Welcome to VCFED Evan.

Don't forget to add your location to your profile (if you are able to).

Dave

Back