• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

New Old Stock Hercules, MDA, CGA 8 Bit Graphics Adapter

Junk Junkie

I've got a few of these available. They are new old stock Graphics adapters. I have tested this card in an IBM PC 5150 with IBM 5151 Display. Works Great. Includes Instructions and jumper settings.

These are the specs:

Mono/Color Graphics and Printer Adapter Model MCGP-5
Compatible with Hercules, MDA and CGA
Color Emulation on MDA Monitor
Support Composite Standard with adapter
Auto Screen Sleep after 8 minutes (can be disabled)
LPT Port (can be disabled)

$15 plus $3 first class shipping in US. International please contact me for a quote. PM if you are interested.

cga1.jpgcga2.jpg

Gary Fletcher

I still have two of these cards left if anyone is interested. If anyone is interested in a trade I need an 8 bit mfm controller for an XT.

Gary Fletcher

Weird Chinese manufacturing--oodles of discrete resistors instead of resistor packs! Manual assembly, perhaps?

Any idea of what the empty sockets are for? Can they be used for anything?

"Any idea of what the empty sockets are for?"

I had something similar years ago. If I remember correctly, some versions had serial ports as well, on a separate slot cover.

Looking carefully at the PCB traces, I'm going to guess that the pair of 18-pin DIPs are just alternates to the SMT RAM at the top (something like 4416 DRAMs?).

I suspect that the large 28 pin DIP and the 20 pin dip next to it are for alternate fonts.

Back