• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

New retro computing site: neoncluster.com

Nama

Veteran Member
Hi everyone,
I wanted to let you all know that my new retro computing site, neoncluster.com, has finally gone live. It's still a bit of a work in progress, and you may come across some bad grammar, spelling mistakes, and the new look and feel still needs to be applied to some blog sections, but all in all I'm very happy with it.

www.neoncluster.com

For those interested in articles and repair logs, please have a look at the projects page where you can find write-ups on a lot of my fixes. This section will be constantly updated as new articles are written. If you just want to read my personal take on the computers in my collection, you can access this by clicking on the images on the front page.

Enjoy, and if you have any comments, please don't hesitate in contacting me.

Philip

Philip,

I just took a look at your site, and I have to say that I am quite impressed! It's especially neat for me, a USA resident, to see info on machines that never made it to these shores.

Thanks, and keep up the good work!
- Alex

The rollovers were made as a HTML snippets and CSS, although it seems that iWeb imbeds some Java code.

Nice site. Thanks. :)

Just a couple of comments though. I can't read the light grey on medium grey text. No worries, I just change the background to white and the text to black when I want to read (and it looks nice like that). However, on the individual machine pages, the top text portion is overlapped by the image area, so the first part of the lines is hidden. That's in an older FireFox, but it's fine in Galeon.

Hi,
Seems that the color issues is getting a lot of comments. I will darken the background grey for more contrast. I'll also look into he overlap issue. Thanks for your help.

Philip

It was fun reading about the Microbee. It is a unit that I've seen pictures of, but really didn't know much about it. Sounds like the Microbee company had some really great stuff planned when they died off... too bad they didn't make it long enough to see some of this stuff come to fruition.

I also found an emulator that I've been playing around with called the NanoWasp. It seems pretty fun, so far! http://www.nanowasp.org/

Back