• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

New road warior

Terry Yager

Veteran Member
Just won a "new" laptop on eBay. It's a vintage Epson HX-20. I've wanted one for years, but this was the first affordable one I've seen ($20.00 bin) on eBay.

--T

Nice to see...

Nice to see...

Terry, I'm glad to see others into portables besides myself... what else is in your collection? Mostly I collect handhelds and PDAs.

- Evan

Yeah, most of my collection is portable, including several Kaypros. I've already posted under "Your Collections" on this board, so I won't go into full details now, however, my collection has been undergoing some adjustments lately, so I'll update here. I swapped my Nixdorf and TI CC-40 for a (non-functional) Epson PX-8 (I've always wanter a CP/M laptop). I grabbed up this one for the manuals and other accessories that came with it. I have subsequently won an auction on eBay for another, functional unit, but it hasn't been delivered yet. Another hand-held I sold on eBay was my Hewlett-Packard HP-75C. I used the money to add a few other computers to my collection, including (besides the PX-8), a TRS-80 Model 100, and a Zenith 8088 laptop (the older style, not the SuperSport), with hard drive. I'm still awaiting delivery on those, too. Other, more recent aquisitions include the HX-20 mentioned above, a Cambridge Z88, and an Ampro LittleBoard/186. I guess that pretty much covers my collection to date, subject to change without notice. So, what about your collection? Anything interesting?

Oh yeah, BTW, a nice-looking Psion II LX just came up on eBay this morning. You might want to have a look at it, it seems cheap enough, at 5 pounds.

--T

Well if I didn't think it was interesting, then I wouldn't collect it...

My collection is mostly handhelds, including some that are so rare, most people don't know they are significant or worth anything. :)

AST Gridpad 2390
Apple Newton MessagePad 100
Atari Portfolio
Canon LC Palmtronic
Casio AQ-2000
Casio CQ-1
Casio FX-7000G
Casio IF-8000
Casio PF-3000
Casio PF-3200
Casio PF-7000
Casio PF-8000
Casio XL-7000 Zoomer/Z-7000
Craig M100
HP-41C
HP 95LX
Mattel Auto Race
Nixdorf LK-3000
Panasonic RL-H1400
PSION Organizer
Sharp IQ-7000
Sharp OZ-7000
Sony Magiclink
Tandy (Radio Shack) EC-4002
Tandy (Radio Shack) TRS-80 PC-1
Tandy (Radio Shack) TRS-80 PC-5
Toshiba LC-1019MN
Toshiba LC-836MN
Toshiba LC-840WA

The only non-handhelds in my collection are a TRS-80 Model 200 laptop and an Atari 2600 (which I use far most often than my Playstation.)

If you're ever in the New York/New Jersey area (or if you come to VCF East this summer), let's meet up. (That applies to anyone else reading this as well! I love to chat (i.e., brag) about my collection.

Nice collection. Which module(s) do you have for the Nixdorf? And, why does the Model 200 not qualify as a hand-held? Is it the size of it? (It certainly qualifies as an organizer/diary).

--T

Back