• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

NMNA HP Integral Unix PC

I had a couple of those several years back. Neat systems. I somewhat wish I had kept one of them, although I never actually did much with them when I had them.

A common problem with those is the floppy drive heads getting stuck when you try to eject a floppy and the drive head getting ripped off. I had that happen with one of mine when I first tried to get it going. If that happens it's not easy to find a replacement floppy drive. The integrated ThinkJet printer can also have corrosion problems from the ink cartridge.

I still have a spare HP-UX 5.0 ROM cart. I forget how I ended up with that. Unfortunately it doesn't have the Technical BASIC ROM daughter board, which would make it useful for someone else that had a ROM cart without Technical BASIC and wanted that upgrade.

More complete is questionable, it just includes a few non-original floppy disks.

One good source of floppy disk images is this site:
www.coho.org/~pete/IPC/integral.html

The sellers of both the first listing above and the second couldn't be bothered to take photos of the back of the systems. That indicates that they don't know anything about these systems. Whether one or both of the option slots in the back are populated, and if so, with what options would influence the value of the systems, as would whether the ROM pack is HP-UX only, or if it also has the BASIC ROM.

Back