• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Norsk Data ND-100 Compact for sale in Sweden - not mine.

MattisLind

Veteran Member
7857594851.jpg

This is an add from the swedish sale site Blocket.

Seems to be a ND-100 compact, an IBM PC, a Tandberg terminal, an unidentified IBM terminal (what is it?), a likewise unidentified IBM printer, some kind of 8 inch IBM floppy drive and yet another printer.

I know nothing about it since it is not mine.But I am little bit curios what the 8 inch drive and IBM terminal to the left is. Anyone id these, please?

Now, if I only had a ton of extra space and some means of transport... That looks like a sweet collection.

The IBM PC is problably more of a PC/XT judging from the HDD.

I have the space.. but not the transport.. and I'm currently in my other location, which is on the other side of the globe. I see lots of nice ND manuals there too, although I can't figure out from the photo what they are (I have many already, but I'm missing some). The only computer higher on my wish list than the ND-100 (or 110/cx or 120/cx) is an ND-5000 (which has an ND-110 or ND-120 built-in). Then I would have a reference for both of my software emulators. I worked with ND computers for years, I used to know them inside out, both the hardware and the operating system. But that was then. Reading my old notes now is quite surprising sometimes.

I talked to the seller some week ago. A real nice fellow. He was even willing to drive the IBM to me since he had a summer house not far from me. Alas, I was outbid.

These are the IBM part numbers he got for me:

The computer on the floor: 5160 (IBM PC/XT)
IBM monitor center: 5154 (color monitor, the reason I wanted it. I assume there is an EGA card in the 5160)
To the left on the shelf: 6580 (Displaywriter)
8-inch floppy: 6360 (specific to the Displaywriter)

Judging from pictures on the net, the printer on the shelf and the thing on top of the ND is the printer for the displaywriter.

I talked to the seller some week ago. A real nice fellow. He was even willing to drive the IBM to me since he had a summer house not far from me. Alas, I was outbid.

These are the IBM part numbers he got for me:

The computer on the floor: 5160 (IBM PC/XT)
IBM monitor center: 5154 (color monitor, the reason I wanted it. I assume there is an EGA card in the 5160)
To the left on the shelf: 6580 (Displaywriter)
8-inch floppy: 6360 (specific to the Displaywriter)

Judging from pictures on the net, the printer on the shelf and the thing on top of the ND is the printer for the displaywriter.

Apparently it wasn't sold since the listing was renewed unchanged.

Interesting. Let's hope whoever gets this is on the forum here, I would love to have a look at the documentation and software.

Back