• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Nov 1975 Popular Electronics and Kilobaud 10/79

billdeg

Technician
Anyone have these? I will offer in trade an equally historic magazine in exchange for either or both the Nov 1975 Popular Electronics (so I can complete my set of 1975), or a Kilobaud 10/79. For some reason I have two Kilobaud 11/79's.

Thanks
Bill

Last edited:
This Ebay seller ( timmersd73 ) has a ton of magazines - I'm not about to look through all of them for you though - you'll have to check that for yourself.

popular-electronics-january-1975.jpg

Isn't that issue one of the most sought after ones? Some sell for a few hundred, iirc.

Last edited:
I recall reading somewhere (I think it's the book 'Fire in the Valley') that claim the particular Altair 8800 box used for the photo shoot on the cover of Popular Electronic is actually just an empty box; the actual unit they sent in (wire wrapped no less) for the article got lost in transit...

Isn't that issue one of the most sought after ones? Some sell for a few hundred, iirc.

Yes, Jan 1975 is but that's not the one I want. I need November 1975 not January.

BTW - Have you seen my latest homepage? I have all of the Altair-related pages from Jan and Feb scanned and posted on my web site. I took some time to clean up the images.

Yes, Jan 1975 is but that's not the one I want. I need November 1975 not January.

BTW - Have you seen my latest homepage? I have all of the Altair-related pages from Jan and Feb scanned and posted on my web site. I took some time to clean up the images.
I've got the PE (That's the one with the *other* Altair, right?) and *might* have the KB. Don't really want to trade for 'em though; worth any $$s?

I've got the PE (That's the one with the *other* Altair, right?) and *might* have the KB. Don't really want to trade for 'em though; worth any $$s?

The PE is on Ebay for $25 ish and I could just get it there, I was hoping to trade with someone who is also a collector of mags, to help each other out.
Bill

Back