• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Odd Intel S-100 Cards

wmmullaney

Veteran Member
Hey everyone,
I know it's been a while since I'v posted, but recently I got a rather large load of stuff from an elderly lady down the street (for free). Among a 286, TS1500, various 386s, I got a box with a bunch of old 5.25" floppy drives, and a homebuilt backplane. (I'll get pics later) Inside there were two different sets of slots, 5 S-100 form slots, and 2 44 pin slots (exactly the same as the apple one slot, cards fit in my replica.) 4 of the five cards on the 100 pin bus were intel branded:

1 I/O interface
2 8080 I CPU card
3 4kbyte SRAM card
4 PROM card

All are early 70s, pre 75. I would guess that they were s100, except for two problems:

A. They are taller than and s100 cards i'v ever seen
B. There are no voltage regulators on the cards, the chips *seem* to be getting power directly from the bus.

Do any of you know if these are s100, and what they are worth?

Thanks, Will

Pictures here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/wmmullaney/S100?feat=directlink

Last edited:
They're not S-100; they predate it. They're cards to an Intel MCS-8 Intellec 8 development system. If you're interested in selling them, I can put a post on the cctalk list for you. These are going to be of interest only to someone who already has an Intellec 8 development system.

The 8080 card was pretty much a retrofit for the MCS-8 system, which came out with an 8008 CPU. Later MDS systems were Multibus.

Back