• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Ohio Scientific C1P Software/Manuals and (custom never published games)

Simmunity

I have been making WAV files out of all of my OSI C1P (my first computer) software. I have the C1P 6502 assembler encoded and have the original manual for it as well as the SAMS Fax for teh C1P. I have some assembler source code for some game subroutines and the full source and object code to a breakout game written in assembler for the C1P. I also have many utilities that I wrote and a few that I aquired. I have a basic renumber program and 6502 disassembler that I wrote. I also have a handy cursor enhancement utility that I aquired.

I wrote many games for the machine including lunar lander (with assembler landscape animation), space invaders written entirely in basic that is very playable and fun. The most fun game is a 2 player tank battle game that is a top down view on an ever changing maze where the bullets can be directed (very fun, played it alot in college with friends and some beer)...

I wrote MazeWar, an interesting pseudo 3D first person shooter maze game (think clone of the Xerox Mazewar game) that uses assembler for the perspective maze projection and basic for the rest. I wrote this when Carmack was in grade school... It is an interesting 1 player game. I wrote many games of less interest that I am archiving too.

If you are an OSI Challenger C1P fan and want some novel new software (300 baud WAV files), to use for hacking or just to show off your machine, let me know and I will post them on my files section of www.simmunity.com

I also have an original IMSAI that I programmed and enjoyed but needs a little TLC these days and a NorthStar Horizon that is in storage (a once great machine).

I am also a fan of APL programming, so if that is of interest to you too, then I'd love to hear from ya, as I am building a media/education oriented compiler for APL that is a WIndows environment for multiuser app development.

Cheers
Shannon

I have to rebuild the keyboard on my SOL but after that I purchased a CD with a bunch of SOL tapes in WAV format. Should be fun to see if I can get the WAV files to load properly.

Still trying to get at least one Northstar Horizon going, same with the Advantage. Every so many days, I hold my arms in the right position and the Advantage actually boots up. Only once though. I start getting angry and put it away again.

I loved APL back in 1969. Too much work relearning all those special symbols again. I made a stab at it using a IBM 1130 emulator but it was just too much work, finding the correct keyboard combos. I think APL and I are likely done for this lifetime.

If you are an OSI Challenger C1P fan and want some novel new software (300 baud WAV files), to use for hacking or just to show off your machine, let me know and I will post them on my files section of www.simmunity.com

I would certainly be interested! Mind you, my OSI Challenger C1P is only 4k, so I'm not sure how many useful programs could written in such a tiny piece of RAM. I guess it's no more than the VIC-20 had though...

Shannon,

I'd also be interested in any software and info on the OSI C1P/Superboard II. I have found it easier to download software, though, via the RS-232 interface rather than use .wav files. If you have the ASCII files, that would work for me. The OSI systems do something unique in that they re-direct the keyboard/display to an RS-232 bit stream, and use hardware to generate/recover FSK tones for cassette. I believe even machine code is stored in an ASCII format, understandable by the 65V monitor (same as if you typed it in directly).

I can also easily scan to pdf any document copies so they can be posted on your website. I have an electronic copy of the Basic Reference manual, the Character Graphics reference manual, the 65V manual, the Superboard users manual, and schematics for the RevC and RevD boards. The Sam's fact would be way cool!

-steve

Back