• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

OK all you XP diehards...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it'll join all the other unsupported OSs my machines run. Man I'm terrified. When is MS Windows 9 due for release? Of course after that there'll be Windows X with new innovations such as windowed applications and something called a menu.

Last edited:
Does Windows 8 do gesture detection with xbox gear or the camera? Pretty sure I read about that but perhaps it was just research and a likely feature in the next version as well.

The question is.. will this affect anyone here running XP? I admit, I have some concern but then again if I don't use IE and keep other products up to date I'm behind a firewall and AV so there isn't too much concern.

Stupid brain-dead Microsoft app. It just samples the user-agent string returned by your browser. Change that and you can make it say that you're running anything. Right now, I've got my browser set to say that I'm running XP--on an Ubuntu box.

Whew... I was kind of worried there for a moment... :p

1040rqu.png

You get a cool picture of an abacus, typewriter, a mid-90s desktop, and a Windows 8 laptop if it detects XP. Are they saying Windows 8 is obsolete too? :p I'd take the mid 90s desktop.

notwinxp.jpg
Loooool. And of course they have to have a retarded floating twitter and facebook button just for that page.

Oh, apparently eComstation is not Windows XP. I never would have known that if it weren't for that site :p

ecsnotxp.jpg

You get a cool picture of an abacus, typewriter, a mid-90s desktop, and a Windows 8 laptop if it detects XP. Are they saying Windows 8 is obsolete too? :p I'd take the mid 90s desktop.
That desktop is an Acer Across. Got one sitting on the floor waiting to be installed with Windows 8.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back