• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Old Apple Mac 128/512K manuals

Lorne

Veteran Member
I scanned my the manuals that came with my Apple Macintosh 512K, before I got rid of the thing (I hate Apple crap).

I scanned the following:
- Macintosh (a user’s guide) 165 pages - dated 1984
- Macintosh MacPaint 32 pages - dated 1983
- Macintosh MacWrite 145 pages - dated 1985

Having had an Ebay auction deleted because I was listing a 1984 Mac 512K with copies of disks and color copies of the manuals, which is a violation of Ebay policies (ie: listing copyrighted material), I wouldn't dream of offering copyrighted material on this site.

I'm just saying.........I've scanned them to PDFs, so if someone who has a 128K or 512K Mac doesn't have the manuals and needs them, that's too bad, especially seeing as I have them in an electronically transmittable (like PM mesage type) format.

They're pretty good scans too, and I couldn't find them anywhere on the web.

Well, Lorne, that's very upstanding of you to uphold the Law of the Land and refuse to let just anyone who PM'd you have a copy of these, obviously, current and valuable to the manufacturer documents.

You are a man of fine character and they were right to disallow your selling of copyright material (since you aren't a Power Seller and bringing them in tons of cash).

Well done.

Well, Lorne, that's very upstanding of you to uphold the Law of the Land and refuse to let just anyone who PM'd you have a copy of these, obviously, current and valuable to the manufacturer documents.

You are a man of fine character and they were right to disallow your selling of copyright material (since you aren't a Power Seller and bringing them in tons of cash).

Well done.

Yeah, it's funny.
For the thick (as two short plank) ones: nobody's PM'd me about them yet.

Actually, I think a moderator should make a post in this thread about how we shouldnt post about copyrighted material, and then lock/close the thread. (might help to stop any potential future no-no's from happening)

Whoever needs to, will (hopefully) figure it out later.

So you're announcing to everyone that you have the scanned manuals, but you are not going to do anything with them. Kind of pointless.

I do agree that we need an article about what's OK to put on the site and what's illegal.

Old Manuals?

Old Manuals?

Lorne,

Do you still have those old mac manuals (User Guides)? I am in need!

Mac Manuals

Mac Manuals

Lorne,

I thought you were "joshing" about not sharing or loaning.
Sorry to have bothered you.
cfmiles.

Lorne,

I thought you were "joshing" about not sharing or loaning.
Sorry to have bothered you.
cfmiles.

Come on folks - some of you don't know how to read between the lines.
(Numerous others have read between the lines just fine).

I don't log on to the VCF every day, so it's easy to miss a post, and no one is going to get an answer when I don't see the post.
So, maybe sending me a PM might be the best way to ask a question, and then get an answer about the availability of the documents. ;)
(geezze, when I started the thread, I never thought it would be this tough to figure out).

Back