• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Old Dog from Southern Arizona

AZHotrod455

Hi from near the Mexican Border. I am trying to save a
what I can from a huge hoarders estate of vintage computers, test equipment, medical gear, government stuff, lots more. It's a race against the contractor thats stripping it for gold recovery. I saved a few old Wangs, an IBM /360 mainframe, an Altair 8800, a couple unopened Radio Shack shipping boxes ( both Tandy Sensation II computers), some white ceramic gold lid ic's / cpu's/ eprom's, and 10 Apple IIe's.
I am offering this stuff for sale if anyone is interested.
Thanks,
Robert

If the S/360 mainframe is complete, you have your diamond. There are darned few of these left in any condition. More points if you have matching peripherals.

This place moves quick. I appreciate all of the interest. The Altair 8800 is pending sale, 2 Apple IIe's are sold as well. When the cash flow is back, I will be making a concerted effort to obtain as many units as I can.
The deceased owner was seriously addicted to government auctions, started around 50 years ago, and ran a surplus business since then. He ran that until the early 2000's. Unfortunately for the heirs to the estate, he was more interested in buying than selling. There are 14 different properties in one area alone, all of them jammed up with " junk" to most eyes. He didn't like paying his taxes either.
The heirs to the estate are out of state, and seem to be quite annoyed with all this baggage. They have been utilizing various companies to fix the problems as quickly as possible. This particular location is contracted out to a recycler / small time precious metals refiner. I happen to know him,and buy the units at his rates. Meanwhile he moves very quickly, so time will tell. It's not an estate sale unfortunately. I appreciate the interest. I'm not jerking anybody's chain. My goal is to see if there is sufficient interest in this type stuff for me to move on it. Sight unseen and vague descriptions don't promote much confidence, but I will have much more info on what's left very soon. I have l some pics of a few of the units I have. Is there a section I can post them. Please advise. Thanks, Robert

Back