• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

old pc public domain game called lone wolf

the777

hi, im looking for an old pc public domain game called lone wolf. it was on a cd with a load of really bad games. i think its from around 1996. not to be confused with the new game of lone wolf! it was like a point and click rpg i think. it was a dos game.

Maybe one of these is what you're looking for?

Lone Wolf- The Mirror of Death (1991)(Audiogenic Software Ltd.) [Action, Adventure].zip
Lone Wolf- The Mirror of Death [h1] (1991)(Audiogenic Software Ltd.) [Action, Adventure].zip
Lone Wolf (Se) (1997)(Peeter Horm & Thomas Lennerfors) [Adventure, Role-Playing (RPG)].zip

Maybe one of these is what you're looking for?

Lone Wolf- The Mirror of Death (1991)(Audiogenic Software Ltd.) [Action, Adventure].zip
Lone Wolf- The Mirror of Death [h1] (1991)(Audiogenic Software Ltd.) [Action, Adventure].zip
Lone Wolf (Se) (1997)(Peeter Horm & Thomas Lennerfors) [Adventure, Role-Playing (RPG)].zip

no, none of those

public domain game
called "lone wolf"
from around 1996
a point and click rpg
a dos game

No such game existed, so one or more of these details are incorrect. I'm thinking the name is incorrect, since "lone wolf" or "lonewolf" would be hard to misplace.

Can you clarify "point and click RPG"? Like what, Eye of the Beholder?

No such game existed, so one or more of these details are incorrect. I'm thinking the name is incorrect, since "lone wolf" or "lonewolf" would be hard to misplace.

Can you clarify "point and click RPG"? Like what, Eye of the Beholder?

its a point and click rpg like monkey island, leisure suit larry or beneath a steel sky, etc.

Last edited:
Okay, that's an adventure game, not an RPG. RPG games focus on building your own character and/or improving character stats throughout gameplay. Monkey Island is a point'n'click adventure game.

With that, the details are now:

public domain game (but this isn't verified, it could have been shareware, or even a mistaken pirated game)
called "lone wolf"
from around 1996
a point and click adventure game
a dos game

Still no hits. Are you sure it was a DOS game, or did it require Windows?

Okay, that's an adventure game, not an RPG. RPG games focus on building your own character and/or improving character stats throughout gameplay. Monkey Island is a point'n'click adventure game.

With that, the details are now:

public domain game (but this isn't verified, it could have been shareware, or even a mistaken pirated game)
called "lone wolf"
from around 1996
a point and click adventure game
a dos game

Still no hits. Are you sure it was a DOS game, or did it require Windows?

i think it was a dos game but i ran it on win 98

maybe the trick is to try to figure out what this "CD with a load of really bad games" is. Anything else you can remember about it? Maybe even where you go the CD from?

maybe the trick is to try to figure out what this "CD with a load of really bad games" is. Anything else you can remember about it? Maybe even where you go the CD from?

i bought it in australia, so it might b an australian game. it had some terrible versions of tetris, etc on it.

Back