• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Oldest games you know

In my early childhood, my first game was Super Mario Bros. 1, so that is the oldest game I knew of at the time.

Of course now that I know more about games, I can think of older stuff, but the oldest I can think of is Tennis for 2.

The first video game I ever played was an old pong based game my Dad brought home. I wish i could remember the model but it had to be real early 80's

The oldest game I can remember playing was Night Stalker for the Intellivision, which was the first system I had as a kid.

However, the oldest game that I know of is Tennis for Two from 1958 that played on an oscilloscope. It's actually got quite the history of anyone cares to read the Wikipedia article. I did a little research on this one for a zine that never got published, but I admit that I've only ever played an emulator version.

The oldest game I played on the boat to England, was Pong. The oldest game I played on a TRS 80 was Sea Dragon, Crazy Painter, Penetrator or Asylum

Burger Time for Atari 800, great game.
Burger Time is one of my all time favorites. Doesn't matter what platform, I'll play it. I just realized GOG has the newer Super Burger Time arcade game. At first I hated it and then, when I figured out the mechanics of the game, I fell in love with it. It's faster paced than the original, but still a load of fun (once you're done cussing at the screen).

Oldest computer game I've played is probably Mystery House on the Apple II and the oldest console game I've played is Space Invaders on the Atari 2600.

Atari 2600, I remember of a Pacman game, and another game where you had to climb mountains, King Mountain or something like that. It was at a colleague's house.

The earliest game in my memory was definitely Super Mario Brothers. The oldest game I own I think is Combat, an Atari 2600 launch title.

If you want to count Pong, I had one of those around 1976/7. Not much of a challenge and it wound up in a closet gathering dust. I think the 1st one that I bought was Tetris. Still have it in the box along with the Welltris and Facetris collection.

Last edited:
Oldest video game I *remember* playing was an Atari C-380 "Video Pinball" console, a machine that less lucky kids got instead of an Atari 2600 in 1978. "Breakout" was by far my favorite game out of the, what, four?, it did. It's kind of interesting that this console has yet to be emulated? Apparently people are pretty sure it's based on something that would qualify as a "CPU", or microcontroller at least, verses a dedicated Pong chip, but it's proprietary/rare/obscure enough that no one has cracked the mysteries of the beast.

We also had a cassette based TRS-80 in the house, but I guess whatever games we did or didn't have for it didn't make much of impression. First vivid memory of a game on an actual computer is probably playing "Sabotage" on an Apple II at the library. Shooting a parachute and watching the guy fall and splatter one of his comrades is the kind of thing that gets etched into your memory, I guess.

Hello folks. I was born in the 90s and I wonder what is the oldest game I can recall. Turns out it is Super Mario, also one of my favorites. What about you? Can you name the oldest game you’ve known?
What do you think about playing old game "double dragon"?

Back