• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Olivetti M15 Plus portable

phonophan

Experienced Member
Greetings again -

As I wait for my 5150 XTIDE to arrive in the mail... I picked up another craigslist salvage. At least with the 5150, I worked with as a kid... but this, is totally foreign (pun intended) to me.

IMG_1131.jpg IMG_1132.jpg IMG_1133.jpg

There's a hard drive on the left and a 3.5 drive on the right.

Here's a short 1 minute video I just made, attempting to turn it on (to no avail): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2xgeWFqZjo&feature=youtu.be

Anyone familiar with these machines? Can they even be used on American power? Any troubleshooting advice / how to bring this to life?

Thank you, in advance, for your time and help!

Well, the power brick puts out DC voltage, so you should be able to determine what the M15 requires and adapt some other PSU to suit. At least then you'll know what's what with the M15 itself.

This was beyond my repair ability... but was worked on by someone else.

Internal power supply smoked out a couple of resistors and a diode.

Attach01(1).jpg

Attach11.jpg

Just thought i'd share!

This was beyond my repair ability... but was worked on by someone else.

Internal power supply smoked out a couple of resistors and a diode.

View attachment 60597

View attachment 60598

Just thought i'd share!

Great to see that you got it working. Would you mind sharing how you fashioned up a different power supply please? I have a m15 with no power supply and have been wondering how it is done.

Great to see that you got it working. Would you mind sharing how you fashioned up a different power supply please? I have a m15 with no power supply and have been wondering how it is done.

Sorry... as I said, was worked on by someone else. I only wish I had this electrical engineering ability! I majored in communications instead. :p

Back