• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Olivetti M24/AT&T 6300/Xerox 6060 Display Enhancement Board (DEB) materials available

Do you know how to replace the graphics driver in Windows 1.0x? I don't want to reinstall, just swap the video driver to enhance from 640x400 1 to 16 colors...

The Windows 1.x installer builds the video driver into WIN100.BIN, so it isn't straightforward to replace it. One way round this is to pretend you're a driver developer and create a "Slow Boot" version using a debug kernel, which loads the drivers individually.

Thanks, so if I want to have an variable Windows 1.0x, I have to install it for every graphics mode, save the win100.bin file somewhere, and later make a batch which copies the file with the resoultion I just want to have for that start. That work takes some time, but as I then am able to change video mode without completely reinstall, that makes sense.

@Trixter hello!
I’m trying to setup windows 1.03 on my M24 with DEB card. I use the Olivetti version of windows 1.03 and choose the Olivetti 640x400 color display during setup.
When I start windows I get the Olivetti windows splash screen but then the monitor is black. What am I missing?
Regards

You have to use the one on the DEB board.

Have you added "DEVICE=DEDRIVER.DEV" to your config.sys?

I didn't test Windows by myself yet, but GEM. On the DEB files collection collected by Trixter is a GEM driver and that works nice. You also can try the GW-Basic examples (you need to use the GWBASIC from the DEB package) to test the function and Word 5.5 also supports the DEB. (OGC without DEB in Word 5.5 results in only ugly unuseable black&white dispplay, better use color text mode without DEB...

Last edited:
Back